Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

I wonder if using Intel 8168 cpu and 8160 cpu as dual will operate normally. I'm uploading it using a translator, so please understand.

재고0001
Beginner

I wonder if using Intel 8168 cpu and 8160 cpu as dual will operate normally. I'm uploading it using a translator, so please understand

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SergioS_Intel

Hello 재고0001,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

We do understand that you would like to know if an Intel® Xeon® Platinum 8168 Processor and Intel® Xeon® Platinum 8160 Processor can operate as dual.

Please bear in mind that Intel supports and validates two and four-processor configurations only where all the processors operate with the same Intel® UPI ( UltraPath Interconnect) frequency, core frequency, power segment, and have the same internal caches sizes. Mixing components operating at different internal clock frequencies is not supported and will not be validated by Intel. Combining processors from different power segments is also not supported and might not function properly.

You can find more information here Second Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors Datasheet, Vol. 1

Section 2.5, page 33.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit :https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello 재고0001,

We are following this thread and we would like to know if the information that we provided about the Intel® Xeon® Platinum 8168 and Intel® Xeon® Platinum 8160 Processors were useful or if you need further help.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos