Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14512 Discussions

I would like to know how to enhance/increase the speed of my 1.3 CPU

EMunt
Beginner

There seem to be more than one way to do this. YouTube and other web sites give various methods but I would like to achieve the speeding up by the method that Intel would advise.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is the model number of your processor? 1..3 means nothing.

Doc

0 Kudos
EMunt
Beginner

Hi, thank you for your quick response. You can probably guess that i am no expert in computing. The details of my CPU are:  Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.1GHz.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Ernie

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

This is your processor from 2011:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/52220/intel-core-i3-2310m-processor-3m-cache-2-10-ghz.html

Your processor cannot be overclocked, and its speed cannot be changed.

Also, your processor HD 3000 graphics are not supported.

With something this old, my recommendation is to upgrade to a new(er) system.

Doc

0 Kudos
EMunt
Beginner

Thanks again for your very quick reply. I half expected what you said as, like me, my laptop is very old but I can't expect to see a new one under my Christmas tree.

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

Ernie

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Sorry for the bad news. Your processor does not even support turbo boost, so it is what it is.

Also, if you are running Windows 10, your graphics driver will be the generic driver provided by Microsoft.

Now, there are two things that might help you. One, if your have not maxed your memory, you may want to do that. However, this will provide little or no improvement.

Second, if you clone your HDD to a SSD, this will give you better performance and boot times.

Also, if you are running some overstuffed, bloated anti-virus, dump it and go with windows defender.

Doc

0 Kudos