Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

I2c access in the UEFI shell

bkingsbury
Novice

I am attempting to access the I2c bus from efi code that runs from the UEFI shell. This is on an adlink cExpress-wl module with a 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-8665UE . I am looking for the low level UEFI code to access the I2c over the PHC.

Thanks

Brian 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

bkingsbury, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this case, in order for us to be able to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details:

Are you a developer?

Are you working on a project?

The project, is it about hardware or software?

The information requested, is that in regards to FPGA or Altera?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
bkingsbury
Novice

Yes I am developing diagnostic code for engineering bring up of a new board. The CPU module is an adlink cExpress-WL with the I7.  I will be accessing I2c devices on our hardware using code run from the built in UEFI shell. I was doing this over the SMBus (BMC) but it was switched to the I2c bus (PHC).

Thanks

Brian

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

bkingsbury, Thank you very much for providing that information.

In this case, just to let you know, there is a specific department that will be able to further assist you with this subject, for them to do that, please visit the link below and submit your inquiry in there so they can provide the proper assistance on this matter:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Programmable-Devices/bd-p/programmable-devices?profile.language=en

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
bkingsbury
Novice

I guess I'm just asking what I need to include in my UEFI compile and what do I need to call to do an I2c read or write.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

bkingsbury, Thank you very much for your response.

Yes, by getting in contact directly and submitting your question in the "Programmable Devices" department provided previously, they will provide all the details you are looking for and will further assist you with all the questions you might have about this subject.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos