Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14534 Discussions

[I3-6100] Missing pads identification

pgard6
Beginner

Hi there !

I've been given this not so old I3-6100 which had a quite unfortunate event in his life : it was droped on a corner and a few pads went missing after that (see pic attached).

I was wondering what these pin do, and if I could keep it as a "just in case" unit. I know I could find the info I'm looking for in the "6th Generation Intel® Core™ Desktop Processor Family LGA Package: Ballout Mechanical Specification", at his page : http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/products/skylake/s-desktop/documentation.html 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Desktop Processor: Documentation but it is locked.

Could anyone tell me what this corner of the CPU is used for ?

Cheers !

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello TestMan12:

In regard to your first inquiry, yes, you can keep the processor as back up, the thing about this scenario is that it might work but some issues might be expected when it comes to performance, the PC might not work as it should with all the features or programs, to be able to inform exactly what those issues will be, it is hard to tell for sure, for that we will need the document you mentioned above.

The thing about that document is that it was created for integrators, developers or companies that build motherboards, and for us to provide that information an NDA (Non- Disclosure Agreement) needs to be signed, let me apologize for that.

If you are one of them, then I can always request an NDA for you, in order to provide that information you requested.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello TestMan12:

I just wanted to check if you are interested in getting the NDA for you to sign it so we can provide the information you requested and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos