Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

I5-10300H ABOUT TEMPERATURE

yakuptb
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I want to ask something. I buyed a laptop nearly 1 months ago. I tried to do stress test to my laptop for seeing CPU performance. I notice something. Max CPU temperature is 98 centigrade degrees. I dont have a problem about performance. My laptop working perfectly. Am i have to concern about temperature? And can i do undervolt?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Because of the Plundervolt vulnerability, undervolting of the processor is no longer being supported.

My opinion here is that this is a totally unacceptable temperature. I blame the manufacturer; they have provided you with a less-than-adequate cooling solution. I suggest you contact them and discuss your options. If they can not, or will not, fix this issue, I suggest you request your money back.

...S

View solution in original post

5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Because of the Plundervolt vulnerability, undervolting of the processor is no longer being supported.

My opinion here is that this is a totally unacceptable temperature. I blame the manufacturer; they have provided you with a less-than-adequate cooling solution. I suggest you contact them and discuss your options. If they can not, or will not, fix this issue, I suggest you request your money back.

...S

yakuptb
Beginner

Thank you so much. I will call them asap.

0 Kudos
yakuptb
Beginner

@n_scott_pearson Hi again. I called them. They ask me to send the laptop to service. I will send. They said they will check the temperature and looking for solution. If they cant find a solution i will request my money back. Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Марат
Beginner
Hello! Found your question on a forum by accident as I ran into a similar problem on my new HP laptop with exactly the same processor. Can I find out if the service succeeded in fixing the problem or if your money was returned to you?
0 Kudos