Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14536 Discussions

I5 10400f

aCon
Beginner

what is kerntype quad core and hexa core?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I don't understand what you are asking. The Core i5-10400F has 6 Cores and 12 execution threads (Hyperthreads).

You can see its specs here: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/199278/intel-core-i5-10400f-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-30-ghz.html.

...S

0 Kudos
aCon
Beginner

In my country we have very few choices on sellers and the prob is that some say '' High end hexa core i5 10400f'' ''Mid range quad core i5 10400f" ''2.9ghz base clock but no turbo clock'' ........ what I mean is that they provide us with wrong details and I am trying to understand if they just don't know or if there are different types of 10400f, take a look at the pics.

bandicam 2020-12-06 09-22-18-310.jpgbandicam 2020-12-06 09-20-32-760.jpg

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @aCon

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance.

Also, we would like to confirm that the information provided by n_scott_pearson is correct. The Intel® Core™ i5-10400F Processor has 6 Cores and 12 thread of execution. Also, it has a Processor Base Frequency of 2.90 GHz and a Max Turbo Frequency of 4.30 GHz.

There are different Ordering codes and some differences are for instance, regarding "Shipping Media" (Boxed Processor, OEM Tray Processor, etc.) but no difference in the number of cores and threads.

We cannot endorse the information on third-party websites or statements provided by third-party sellers. We recommend reviewing the processor specifications published by Intel® on our Product Specifications website: Intel® Core™ i5-10400F Processor.

For concerns about the information on non-Intel websites, we kindly recommend addressing those concerns to the source or the publisher of that information. In this case, we recommend double-checking with the seller the information they published in the picture.

If you have additional inquiries, please let us know.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @aCon

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this inquiry now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos