Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14400 Discussions

I5-10500h temperature laptop

Kordwain
Beginner
Hello,

I have just bought a new gaming laptop and I have been checking the temperature of the cpu and gpu while playing heavy games. While playing I reach a max of 89 celsius degrees with an average of 85 celsius degrees for my cpu (70 max and 65 average for my gpu). I wanted to know if it were good temperatures or if I should decrease my settings to get a lower one. I know the max is 100 but I want to keep my computer in good shape. So what average max for the cpu should I go for?
Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User
You're welcome, I like the easy questions. ;^)
...S

View solution in original post

4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, these numbers are just fine. While spikes into the 90's are ok, the goal (IMHO) is to not spend any appreciable amount of time in the 90's. That is, if you are seeing temperatures in the 90's and they stay up there for, say, 5 minutes, then you might want to accelerate the blowers at lower temperatures.
Hope this helps,
...S

0 Kudos
Kordwain
Beginner
Thank you very much for your reply. 90-92 de trees are the highest max I have faced until now and they were just picks so I usually have between 80 and 88 celsius degrees. I do increase the fans' speed too therefore it doesn't go upper than that.
Anyway I just feel better about it now.
Thank you again for your reply
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
You're welcome, I like the easy questions. ;^)
...S
AlHill
Super User

@Sadie1 This is a 6-month old thread.  Setup for spamming?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos