Mlodyjan
Beginner
So i’ve recently had built new PC with:
I5-13600kf
Gigabyte z690 gaming x ddr4 rev1.0
Patriot viper 3200 cl16 memory 2x8
Msi gtx 1070 gaming x
Thermaltake toughpower grand 750

The problem for me is that i can’t get rid of CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT bsod. I can’t install graphic drivers and games.
I tried diferrent bios versions, different ram modules, i even bought new psu but it was not the case.
Can you Help me out?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

It is usually hard to track down bsod to a specific cause.

I would make sure to install the chipset and management engine drivers, then run all windows updates, and lastly install the drivers from the vendor website:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z690-GAMING-X-DDR4-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

Then, install the driver for the graphics card and any other add-in device.

0 Kudos
Mlodyjan
Beginner
That was actually the first thing that i tried doing, doesn’t work…
0 Kudos
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

You can try running DISM and SFC and chkdsk on command prompt/PowerShell to scan and check for file corruption and disk errors. Also run a memory test with MemTest86 and make sure you run BIOS F20 on your system (F20 is the required one for your mobo to support this cpu).

You can also try booting in safe mode, and if the issue stops, try removing unnecessary apps... If it were me, I would reset the parts (cpu, ram, gpu and so), reinstall windows and start installing applications one by one to test and see when the smoking gun shows up

If you are ok reinstalling windows, I would also create a new ISO installer by redownloading again the installer from microsoft...

0 Kudos