Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14499 Discussions

I5-4690K high usage cpu in games

MKože
Beginner

Hello i have little problem with my cpu i just one day turn my pc up and get big usage cpu in games and i dont know why normal usage 30-50% MAX now 80%+++++ i trying find answers but failed i try this cpu on 2 motherboard and same problemm trying find virus but not find and trying update all in my windows and too its ok than i must ask here because dont know what me can do please help i have all drivers current and 2 time reinstalling pc

My motherboard: -- ASUS B85M GAMER GAMING MB

my graphic --- gtx 1060 gainware

650w source

2x4gb Kingston 8GB KIT DDR3 1600MHz CL10 HyperX Fury Blue Series

and have 2monitors

in my 1060 is 144Hz benQ monitor and in intel graphic second monitor and using my BenQ main monitor

@

Ty for all help and answers

Sorry for my bad english ty

0 Kudos
27 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Majkee,

I would like to gather more information in regard to your system, this will help me to have a better look at your case. So, respond to the following;

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
MKože
Beginner

its looks normal but its not normal if your game going on 80%++++ and before 3month on 30%

0 Kudos
MKože
Beginner
0 Kudos
ssote
New Contributor II

What does task manger show at Idle utilization? 0-3% is what my utilization shows. If the games are utilizing 80-100% of the CPU that is normal.

0 Kudos
MKože
Beginner

task manager show 0-10% without processor and in all game going bad this cpu (CS:GO,GTA V, H1z1 and other,)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Please provide the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool report, the .txt file.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
MKože
Beginner

you mean this ? intel_corp

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, that is the one, thank you.

From your report I noticed the following;

--------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU1

CPU Frequency Test

Module Version: 1.0.16.64b.W

Start Time: Sun Jan 29 21:06:52 2017

Test Result - PASS

Processor Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz

Expected CPU Frequency: 3.50

Detected CPU Frequency: 3.70503

This indicates that the processor is overclocked, based on this I can confirm that the high CPU usage is expected. I recommend running the processor at the stock configuration by setting your BIOS to default to ensure the performance of the processor, bear in mind that overclocking voids the warranty.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
MKože
Beginner

intel_corp I dont know how to overclocking but I have all on default in BIOS and need help because i doesnt change anything and before 3month start going bad and I´m buying this cpu 6/7month ago and dont know what me can do with this than why I say I know with overcloking voids the warranty. but I promise im dont change it please some objective advice what me can do

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Please double check that you loaded the default values in your BIOS configuration, and then try the following;

Update the following drivers from this site https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/B85MGAMER/HelpDesk_Download/ B85M-GAMER | Motherboards | ASUS Global , just filter by your operating system;

• BIOS version 0605.
  • Management Engine Interface V10.0.0.1204 for Windows Win7 64bit & Win8 64bit & Win8.1 64bit---(WHQL).
  • Intel Chipset Driver V9.4.0.1026 for Windows Win7 32bit & Win7 64bit & Win8 32bit & Win8 64bit & Win8.1 32bit & Win8.1 64bit---(WHQL).

Update your Intel® HD Graphics version to this version; https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26544/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-15-36-?product=81496 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows 7*/8.1* [15.36], use this method; http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows... .

One more thing play this game Counterstrike: Global Offensive with these settings; https://gameplay.intel.com/GamesSettings/8752/80811/Intel%C2%AE%20Core%E2%84%A2%20i5-4690K%20Processor%20(6M%20Cache,%20up%20to%203.90%20GHz) Games Settings.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
MKože
Beginner

I have all updated drivers is actually And its not care about settings in game because i can play on low/medium/hard/ultra and all the time same problem and this processor cant have problem with this game or other i think its not low processor and to not cheap. Thats how i said i buy this processor and after 3/4 months start this hell problem.And Cant get help

0 Kudos
MKože
Beginner

intel_corp and this problem its not only in game my cpu going bad at google to and other program When i go watch some video on youtube google go on 15% its to not normal

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You mentioned that the processor worked fine before, so it is likely that the processor performance was affected by the overclocking. At this stage since the warranty was void on the processor, I recommend swapping parts. This will help to check if the processor was actually damaged or the motherboard is the one causing the issue.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
MKože
Beginner

intel_corp thats how i said nobody overlock cpu its just some problem with system or drivers motherboard is new and i try this cpu on 2motherboard because i think its because of motherboard than i buy new and doesnt help and processor probadly too dontr damaged because im not retard and know how change processor

0 Kudos
MKože
Beginner

intel_corp i just need how to fix high usage cpu at all processor which makes

0 Kudos
MKože
Beginner

intel_corp

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/110590 Majkee, I have been reviewing your case.

As long as the computer does not restart, enters in BSOD's or shutdowns itself should be fine. The fact that the CPU raised when you were running games is normal, the processor will rise the temperature and the usage under heavy work load. The usage you reported before could have been a matter of the game not using all the resources of the processor; however, if you think your processor could be defective you have the option to replace it since you mentioned that you did not overclocked it.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
MKože
Beginner

1.what you mean As long as the computer does not restarted ????

2.i dont know what you mean shutdowns itself should be fine

3.i think temperature is normal im using Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO and 45-52° i think is normal not high not low

4. What you mean if i think is defective have option to replace??? you mean warranty ???

5.i think its can be missing some drivers or some like this because i cleaning some apps/programs at not fully pc and after this start this problem. Than i chosse i must reinstal pc and install drivers and other but didnt help i think procesor can be ok but using so much %of processor for all things how i said google go on 20% youtube/stream and in game 70% more and cant using other monitor for videos/sounds(clip) and not showing in system turbo boost 3,50GHZ and on right too 3,50GHZ and when i buy this cpu its show 3.90GHZ on right maybe undertact processor for some reason i dont know

6.and i dont want claim cpu because its take long time and i need Pc for school work

Ty for respond

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I will respond your questions in the same order you posted them;

1. I meant that as long as that does not happen your computer should be fine. If your computer restarts for no reason this will indicate some kind of conflict with your computer, but since you do not have this scenario this tells that your system is looking good.
  2. It means that this is just another possible scenario that would indicate that the system is not behaving OK.
  3. Yes, I agree the temperatures are fine.
  4. Yes, I meant warranty.
  5. We already tried addressing this issue updating all your drivers, your reports seemed fine. You can always try reinstalling the operating system, and check the results.
  6. I understand.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
MKože
Beginner

Ok than i think only one way warranty because nobody know what happen with my cpu and i didnt see some helps on pc web but ty for trying help me

0 Kudos