Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14527 Discussions

I5 8600k Core Temperature Differences

NKope
Beginner

Hello,

When I do a stress test or play games couple of the core temps will be 15 - 20 degrees higher the other ones. At 100% cpu usage most of my cores will stay at around 60c and core 3 and sometimes another one will reach temps of 85c+. Is that normal? I reapplied my thermal paste few time and even tried 2 different ones (mx4 and thermal Grizzly)and the temps are the same.

Someone recommended to send it out to silicon lottery to get it delided( scared to do it myself) I'm willing to pay for that but will doing it void my warranty? And my Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan?

My cpu cooler is corsair h100i v2

Thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello KoperaN

Thank you for joining the community.

Cloud you provide me with the name of the tool that you are using to get the temperatures report?

Could you run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool? Please attach the result to the thread)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
NKope
Beginner

I use Real Temp and corsair link to measure my cpu temperature. And I will run that problem when I get home from work.

0 Kudos
NKope
Beginner

here are my results from the test

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello KoperaN

Thank you for your response.

Allow me to share with you that after reviewing the test result I don't see any error with the processor.

Looking into the information of the case there could be changes on the BIOS configuration, I would advise trying to load BIOS to defaults.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello KoperaN

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos