Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14516 Discussions

I5-9400f is soldered or not

JPark91
Beginner

5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

This says it uses a LGA1151 socket, which means it is NOT soldered.

https://ark.intel.com/products/190883/Intel-Core-i5-9400F-Processor-9M-Cache-up-to-4-10-GHz-

Doc

0 Kudos
JPark91
Beginner

9900K uses LGA1151 socket, but it is soldered

AlHill
Super User

Then, the documentation is incomplete or incorrect. An Intel support engineer will have to confirm.

Doc

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello everybody Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. All.Hill is correct the Intel® Core™ i5-9400F Processor in not soldered to the system motherboard, JPark91 could you let me know where did you find a soldered Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor? (Links or system model with the soldered processor) Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
BryanFury
New Contributor I

Hey there sir LeoC

With all due respect, I'm not entirely sure whether You're trolling, or really don't know. The question/topic is pretty obvious, eventhough people in the topic itself can't correctly name what they want. The question is, whether 9400f uses the same iridium type solder upon gold plated ihs as for example 9900k, and most likely other 9xxx cpus. The solder question regards the ihs vs. silicone die iridium solder, NOT in any case integration of cpu itself to system board.

Hope this helps explain the situation sir

With kind regards

Bryan​

0 Kudos