Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

I7 10700F - Bad score 3dmark and high temperature

Hekren
Beginner

Hello,

i'm worry about my new configuration, it seems that the result is not in the average. 

CPU Score 7555 in Time Spy (normaly 12000++) 

I think that the problem is because the temperature up to 95 C during the test, i have the original cooler from intel. I had a Antec A40 Pro quad heatpipe cpu cooler but it seems not fully compatible with LGA1200, can't fixe it correctly with the Asus Rog Strix Z490-F.

Full config :

I7 10700F
Gigabyte RTX 3070 8G
Asus Rog Strix Z490-F Gaming
Kingston HyperX Predator - DDR4 - module - 16 GB - DIMM 288-pin - 3200 MHz / PC4-25600
PSU EA750G Pro 750w

I was not able to activate the XMP with this RAM, the computer won't start, i need to put it to 2400mhz. Bios already in the last stable version.

What's wrong with my configuration ? 
Thank you for your help. 
I attached the SSU text. 

I attached a screenshot of CPU Temp during Warzone game

thank you !

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Hekren
Beginner

Hello,

i changed the cooler and now the temperature doesn't go up 65 C but the score still bad... Is it possible i have to change something in the bios configuration? 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Hekren,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In regard to the temperatures, depending on the task ahead they will fluctuate which is completely normal; however, we are glad to know that you are now running with much cooler values after that component was changed.

Please bear in mind that the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) is not compatible with your processor, since your CPU is not unlocked; therefore, no changes should be performed with it. What we suggest is that you use a recommended software by the manufacturer of your board to monitor your system.   

It is worth mentioning that even though that third-party software gave you a lower score than the one you mentioned was expected, it doesn’t mean that your system is in bad shape; although we can’t validate the results, since is not an official Intel software. What we recommend in regards to this is that you trust the results you got from the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and if you have any doubt on how the Time Spy software works and what does it based on to provide that score, you can get further assistance by contacting the developer of it.

When it comes to BIOS changes, and including the use of XMP profiles, you need to take into consideration that, what we recommend on processors especially the ones that are not unlocked, is that you use your BIOS default settings; because altering clock frequency or voltage may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components, and may reduce system stability and performance. Product warranties may not apply if the processor is operated beyond its specifications (RAM: DDR4 at 2933).

If you want to know more about how your BIOS works and what features does it have please contact your board manufacturer.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Hekren
Beginner
Hi Victor,

can you tell me how unlock my processor? Is it possible? Is it because it's the "f" model? Have i made a mistake by choosen this processor ?

Why my processor isn't compatible with the XTU? It's the intel official utility , if i can't use 3DMark and XTU, which tool have i to use to check the good performance of my processor please?

Thank you !
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Only X and K processors are unlocked and supported by XTU.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Hekren,

As we were discussing in the previous message the use of the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) is only officially validated for unlocked processors. To determine what processors can be used with this tool please check the This download is valid for the product(s) listed below section in the tool’s website.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29183/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-

If your processor is not unlocked, you can’t convert it into one since it hasn’t been designed to work that way.

In regards to software to monitor your system, you can use the ones included in the article down below., we normally recommend these for our NUCs but they should work just fine with any system compatible with them.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024102/intel-nuc.html

In case you still have a doubt in regard to the Time Spy software please remember you can get further assistance by contacting the developer of it.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Hekren,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Hekren
Beginner

Hello Victor,

i finally changed for a I7 10700 K => Much performance ingame and in benchmark !

Solved thank you

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Hekren,

We wish you the best with your new processor, since your thread is now solved we will proceed to close it; however, if you need any additional information you are more than welcome to submit a new question, just bear in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Victor G.  

0 Kudos