Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14516 Discussions

I7-4702mq -> Compatible MoBos in Argentina

MMass20
Beginner

Hi,

I have an I7-4702mq Processor which was running on an MoBo Asrock IMB-180.

MoBo is now dead (Suppose that iGPU failed and not even beep from BIOS is heard).

The problem is that I have no chance to replace it because it is not sold here.

Can you please tell me other MoBos compliant with this processor? And I will try to get one in Argentina.

I wouldnt like to thrown away this processor as it had only been used for 6 months.

Thanks and Regards,

Mariano

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

If the processor graphics failed, then the processor is not worth anything, as the graphics are built in to the processor.

However, if you want to try a different board, look for one that has socket PGA946. Then, you must verify that the boards bios supports your i7-4702mq.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/75119/intel-core-i7-4702mq-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-20-ghz.html

You may want to try a different power supply on this board.

Doc

0 Kudos
MMass20
Beginner

Hi Al

The graphics processor is a different chip, Intel Graphics HD 4600. I don't have a different board to test micro with socket G3.

MoBo only accepts 12volts Power, already tried with a normal PSU (bridging green and black) and connectin 4 pin connector on board and the result was the same.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No, if you have a i7-4702MQ processor, the 4600 graphics are included in the processor.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

And, try a different power supply. The jumper test proves nothing.

Doc

0 Kudos
MMass20
Beginner

Hi Al, thanks again for answering.

I have not explained myself correctly meaby.

This MoBo (Asrock IMB-180) has 12 volts connector, as in any notebook, of a power supply of 12V and 10A.

psu.png

As you can see it also has a 4-pin ATX power connector, so i plugged this from a normal PC PSU, and thats where i did this bridging between green and black cables to power up PSU.

Thanks

0 Kudos