Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14399 Discussions

I7 6700k instability

idata
Employee

My build that I have been running for over 4 months is now BSOD. No changes to hardware in over 2 months since adding a 1080GTX. I believe the cause on my BSOD is the CPU itself. Troubleshooting below

Receiving various BSOD crash errors. Including clock watchdog timeout.

Specs:

Graphics Card: PNY 1080 GTX

Mother Board: ASUS Maximus VII Hero

RAM: Corsair dominator platinum DDR4 3000MHZ

Power: 1200w Silent Pro Gold

CPU: I7 6700k

Troubleshooting:

- Tested without video card still BSOD

- Reset Board to factory defaults. Still BSOD

- Swapped out Ram to known working ram in another machine and tried one stick. Still recieving BSOD

- Tried replacing each computer part out with a known working part. Still received BSOD until switching I7 with a known working CPU. BSOD then stopped occuring.

- Tested faulty I7 in another known working machine and BSOD started to occur in known working machine.

Tried doing a warranty replacement but the system appears to be down

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello sineyopity,

I will be more than glad to help you with your request.

Before we can proceed to complete any warranty process I would like to confirm with you:

The issues that you are facing, they are with one specific application or you can see it with everything that you run?

Is there a chance that you can provide me with any screenshot, in case if the issue it is located at a specific game or application?

Have you done any overclocking to your processor recently?

Once that you reply to me I will continue working with your request and if its needed we will try to help you with the warranty process.

Hope I can hear from you soon.

Regards,

Angie
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Answers inline:

The issues that you are facing, they are with one specific application or you can see it with everything that you run?

This is on bootup. The first crash happened after trying to watch a youtube video. The audio froze and BSOD occurred. Now whenever I try to boot the system BSOD when loading windows.

Is there a chance that you can provide me with any screenshot, in case if the issue it is located at a specific game or application?

Have no screen shots as I can not get the cpu to boot without BSOD occurring.

Have you done any overclocking to your processor recently?

Have only been using default settings in the bios. No overclocking.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello sineyopity,

Thank you for all the details.

In regard to your concern, I would like you to please try to access at the following link:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support

Please do not hesitate to reply as soon as possible in case if you are not able to access to that link.

Regards,

Angie
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello sineyopity,

I would like to confirm if you were able to request your warranty process?

Please let me know if you will need further assistance.

Best regards,

Angie
0 Kudos