Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14531 Discussions

I7 8700 (non k) BSOD when Turbo enable

JMena
Beginner

Hello,

I have a new system, and after some hours of use, it starting giving me Blue Screens. All the settings are default / auto in UEFI.

After checking every component and testing the memory, I found that disabling Turbo Boost fix the problem.

Also, using Turbo Boost and the adaptive offset settings with +0.045 v is more stable, but I get a BSOD when doing a stress test.

I want to use the Turbo feature, so I would like to know if this can be caused by a defective CPU. Should I ask the reseler to change my CPU?

My componentes:

Asus TUF Z370-PLUS GAMING

Intel® Core™ i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz

Corsair DDR4-3200 8 GB x 2

PSU Gigabyte G750H

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Download, run, and ATTACH the results of this utility. Then, an Intel support engineer can assist you.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Doc

0 Kudos
JMena
Beginner

Thank you, I created a support request with the tool.

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Juan Menaier, Thank you for response. Thank you for contacting our Intel (r) communities. I understand that you are experiencing BSOD issues with your Intel® Core™ i7-8700 Processor. In this case, we can see that you already created a ticket (03991678) that is under revision through our Email-team. In order to expedite the request, we recommend you to keep on receiving support through our representative from the E-mail team as she has most of the information that we need in order to continue. Please let me know if we can close this ticket. If you want to keep working through this method would like to get a better insight of your system. Please provide me with the .txt file that the System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box. Also, please go ahead and perform a test with our Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and attach the results too. In addition, do you have any error code for the BSODs that you are experiencing? I hope this helps. Regards, Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
JMena
Beginner
Hello, I created this just in case someone else had this problem. I am happy to continue with the email support and close this community ticket. Regards Juan Obtener Outlook para Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>
0 Kudos