Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14534 Discussions

I7-8700K + ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING 90+ degrees

SSund6
Beginner

Hi , i'm rendering a Scene and i not doing any overclocking and yet i getting weird reading about my Cpu 90c+ it's to much!

i have CPU Cooler by "Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3" and 6 Fans,

what should i Looking for in the Bios? Friend of mine is getting 60c on workLoad!

i did a reset for the bios to his Defaults settings, and remove the Battery in Plug in it again, Same Results 90-96c the Pc even didn't make any warning or shutdown the pc..

i this CPU Problem?

Motherboard?

Or Bios Update?

***update>>> More Fails

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Shimon111,

Thank you for posting in our Intel ® Community.

In this case, according to the brief description of the issue that you presented to us, there are some details to consider.

1. System that you used to compare your results.

In order to compare both systems, we would like to know the setup that your friend is currently running (CPU, motherboard, RAM memory, fan model, graphic driver versions, etc) so we can compare both

We would like to have your current settings in order to check all the details mentioned above, please provide me with the .txt file that the System Support Utility will generate.

To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

Here is the download link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

1. The processor's temperature.

Based in our ARK portal, the TJUNCTION for this unit goes up to 100°C, meaning that yes; you are very close to the limit.

Some tips to lower the temperature:

-Verify you have the latest BIOS and update it if needed (recommended to be done through system manufacturer), some third-party motherboards require BIOS update to provide accurate thermal settings for the processors.

-Loose Cables (Check for any loose cables that might be blocking the airflow.)

For more tips please visit Troubleshooting Overheating Issues for Intel® Boxed Processor

1. The results from your tes..

The results of your test indicate errors related to the CPU functionality.

If after following the recommended steps that we provided, and the troubleshooting that we will perform (once that you send the report )the results remain still the same, you might be facing a motherboard or CPU issue, so a warranty replacement will be the best option, however we will not jump into conclusions until we try everything possible in order to get rid of this behavior.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Diego Sanchez Campos.

Intel (R) Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation

0 Kudos
SSund6
Beginner

Thank you for replay,

i have done everything Possible and the result are the same, The Bios is up to date.

The cables are connected together from the start and i got good Air Flow,

about my friend this will may take a while..
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Shimon111

Thank you for your response.

I understand that talking to your friend might take a while.

Is there chance that you can send your report as we shared in my previous post?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Diego Sanchez Campos.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Shimon111,

Thank you for your patience.

We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance.

Please do not hesitate on contacting us back.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos