Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

I7 8750h Heat

JPaqu3
Novice

Hi!First sorry for my bad english!I buy a laptop with a i7 8750h inside I also buy a good cooling pad for prevent over heating.My problem is i have to turn off the TURBO BOOST because when i play game the temp hit 97 98 degree.With the turbo boost off my heating problem are gone but i only have a 2ghz of power cpu instead 4.1...What can i do for that?

14 Replies
lgran6
Beginner

I have the same problem , I am experiencing very high fluctuating temperatures on idle of about 60-80 degrees and on load to 95 degrees. I have replaced the factory thermal paste on the i7 8750h and the cpu , but that did not seem to solve the issue. I was requested to 'Undervolt' the cpu which i did attempt to do but the temperatures still remained high, to the extent i had to downclock the cpu to just reach temperatures of 75 degrees. I find all of this unnecessary to do and unacceptable as i paid a price for the laptop and not for half of the laptop and that i should get the full benefit and full potential of this system without issues.  Maybe intel can release a BIOS to control this CPU ?

0 Kudos
JPaqu3
Novice

I just FIND A SAFE SOLUTION!Dont turn off the turbo boost BUT with the intel program extreme Tuning utility you just drop the TURBO BOOST POWER MAX mine was to 45 it very high i have put at 30 ans now i have in full load 72 degree with turbo boost active!

JPaqu3
Novice

Yhea true...but inthibk all I7 have heat problem

0 Kudos
lgran6
Beginner

Sorry but where do you see 'TURBO BOOST POWER MAX voltage' ? i only see 'turbo boost short power max' and turbo boost power max' . No voltage just wattages

0 Kudos
JPaqu3
Novice

SORRY!Forget about this it just Turbo boost max power drop this a lttle do a stress test see if problem heat are gone mine was at 45 i have put 37 and it seem perfect!

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel
Hi, have you checked with your laptop manufacturer for troubleshooting advice? I'll suggest this step since they should have validated that the laptop is able to run at full specs without overheating.
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello all, I was checking your case and would like to know if you got any response from the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
lgran6
Beginner

Hi Leonardo. From my side , Yes , so I await and see what can be done , but the issue is evolving with the CPU , with extremely high temperatures up to 95+ to 99 degrees. The GPU seems to be intact and good at a stable 76 degrees on load . So all I can do is wait .

0 Kudos
NickTan273
Beginner
Same problem here, im a Asus TUF FX505ge user, the temp can reach 100 celsius
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If you have a laptop that is reaching 100c, then, as far as I am concerned, it is broken and should be taken back to the vendor for repair or replacement.

...S

0 Kudos
nascar0509
Beginner
I own two Asus Zephyrus GX501 GI machines, I thoroughly cleaned the heatsinks and fans with an air blower and removed the heatpipe assembly carefully cleaned the assembly, Vram, voltage regulators, CPU and GPU dies with Akasa TIM clean. I applied Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut compound to the CPU and GPU cores and used Thermal Grizzly Thermal 1mm Pad 8 to the Vram and voltage regulators. After reassembly I ran Prime95 with 12 workers running and the i7 8750h maximum temperature was 66c.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

And what? You're looking for a hero biscuit?

0 Kudos
nascar0509
Beginner
No, mutual respect and no flippancy.
0 Kudos