Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14516 Discussions

I9-12900KS very unstable constant clock watchdog timeout (Stock Settings)

mcfaddenad
Beginner

I have just finished a new system and my 12900KS is very unstable at stock settings. At stock settings for the CPU and motherboard, I'm getting constant clock watchdog timeouts when benchmarking. I tried benchmarking with Intel XTU, Cinebench r23, and OCCT. All my benchmarks stop early due to a BSOD clock watchdog timeout. I'm unsure why the CPU is this unstable at stock. The system works fine when not under load, but once I load the system it BSODs.  

specs

ASROCK Z690 AQUA OC

2x16Gb Trident Z5 DDR5 @6400 XMP

RTX 3090 FE

Intel I9-12900KS

Windows 11

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Lya
Beginner

Same issue with my 12900k, replaced os, gpu, motherboard, hdd, I think it's a faulty cpu

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello mcfaddenad,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following information:

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

As well, please be aware that using an XMP profile with the memory speed set over the processor specifications (up to DDR5 4800 MT/s), it changes the frequencies and possibly the voltages, which are internal to the CPU. This means that the processor is being overclocked, which could be affecting the processor performance and thus, it voids its warranty, even if the cores are not overclocked.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos