Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14536 Discussions

I9-9900×

Luca4
Beginner
This processor was purchased during summer and never really tested before now.

I run the intel test and gives me a bosd during the prime number test. Intel, what can you do for me?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Luca4, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Just to let you know, the purpose of this test library is to test how fast the CPU can search for Prime numbers, reported as operations per second. Prime number generation will be based on the Sieve of Eratosthenes algorithm. The test program will test for unsigned integer type and within the numbers of 0-2³² for 32-bit platform. Random comparison will be done to make sure the prime number generated is a valid prime number, page 23:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/processors/sb/theintelprocessordiagnostictoolinwindowsuserguider.pdf

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Just to make sure, what is the specific model of the Intel® Processor? There are different versions of it.

What is the model of the motherboard?

What is the model of memory RAM that you are using? Please provide the number of sticks, the speed and the voltage of them.

How many wattages on the power supply?

Is this a new computer?

Did you build it?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Besides failing the "Primer Number" test, are there any other symptoms/problems with the computer when using the Intel® Processor?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Luca4
Beginner

Thanks the settings were off in the bios. it is all good now.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Luca4, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the problem got fixed by changing the settings in the BIOS of the board.

Any other inquires, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos