Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

I9 9900KS Is this normal.

PHobb1
Beginner

I have a i9 9900KS for that 5GHz all core sweetness but my i9 9900KS dont hit 5GHz all the time example my motherboard Aorus z390 master with power limit 127 as spec says I will hit 5GHz till my chip hits this number then goes down to 4GHz and my 8700k is better then that 5.2GHz all core.

Now if I am to disable the power-limit in my BIOS I get 5GHz all core however I have one other issue this cpu likes to run at 1.44v as HWMonitor says and results in 265w and my cooler cant deal with that 240mm aio nzxt.

The point to this post is that I want to know if this chip is faulty or if was meant to happen and should have stuck with what I had or got Ryzen 9 3950x that has 32 Threads and able to keep the heat down.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CJimé1
Beginner

What is the exact model of the cooler you are using?

And have you made sure you have all the latest BIOS and driver updates are installed?

HWMonitor is not 100% trustable, have you tested using a different tool?

The processor is fine, the base frequency is 4.00 GHz, it is what is guaranteed, if the cooler is an issue when going higher, perhaps you need to replace your cooler or check the thermal paste.

0 Kudos
MKami12
Beginner

I have almost the same problem with the same mobo and cpu. Something is not right with cpu I think.

My stock voltage in bios is 1,33V but after activating XMP it is 1,4V - way too high and too hot.

Tried 3 bioses for this mobo. Lowering cpu voltage to 1,25-1,3V giving instability. Giving more it is too hot. Got BSODs, freezes and crashes to desktop in games/programs.

HWMonitor Pro and HWInfo showing me stock voltages up to 1,4V and even 1,55V on core VIDs. Max 261W like you in programs using AVX.

Temperatures low 80*C in normal games/programs or 95*C+ with AVX on my custom water loop with 3x 360mm radiators and about 30 fans mostly 120mm in my big case !!!

It isn't normal. My cpu it not OC at all.....

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@MKami12​ Stay with the thread you started.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I suspect a problem with the aorus motherboard/bios as you both have the same board.

Contact gigabyte regarding this issue.

Doc

0 Kudos