Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

IMC fail :i7 2600 CMDH67CL lequel est defaillant?

cchen115
Beginner

bonjour,

sur ma CM DH67CL, il y a 4 slot dimm en dual channel.

j'ai installé deux ram supplémentaires. En redémarrant il y a eu odeur de brulé.

J'ai vu que j'avais mal inséré les deux barrettes (pas entièrement enfoncées)

Au redémarrage:

barrettes sur dimm 1+2 (les deux bleu) : 3 bips écran noir

barrettes sur dimm 3+4 (les deux noir) : démarrage normal

barrette seule sur 3 : démarrage normal

il n'y a plus donc qu'une slot reconnu.

j'ai essayé une à une les barrettes sur ce slot, elles marchent toutes. j'ai mis à jour le dernier bios du 23/10/2018 de la CM, fait plusieurs fois clear CMOS,

dans le bios F2 comme dans info configuration du Windows 7, le PC ne reconnait que la ram installée sur slot 3, les autres ram sont considéré non installées.

en faisant Intel Tool, IMC fail.

j'aimerais savoir si le problème vient du processeur ou de la carte mère ? lequel faut il changer ?

sachant que ces produits sont datés, mais je garde l'espoir à intel de me donner des conseils. pour le remplacement, je reprendre votre marque.

en vous remerciant,

bien cordialement,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, from the sounds of it, you shorted the memory bus(es). The potential is there to damage the board, the processor (memory controllers), the DIMMs or some combination thereof. Now, your testing would seem to indicate that both of the memory controllers in the processor are still functioning and the DIMMs themselves are at least partially working as well. I would conclude from this that the damage was likely on the board. It would be the thing I would try replacing first.

Still, we are talking about a 2nd generation processor in a 6 Series board. The latest shipping configurations are 8th generation processors in 12 and 13 Series boards. You are a full 6 years out of date and neither the processor nor the board is being supported any longer by Intel or by Microsoft. Windows 7 is less than two years from being dropped completely by Microsoft (just like Vista and XP before it). Bottom line, I think it's time to stop throwing good money for bad. It's time to upgrade to something much more recent.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, from the sounds of it, you shorted the memory bus(es). The potential is there to damage the board, the processor (memory controllers), the DIMMs or some combination thereof. Now, your testing would seem to indicate that both of the memory controllers in the processor are still functioning and the DIMMs themselves are at least partially working as well. I would conclude from this that the damage was likely on the board. It would be the thing I would try replacing first.

Still, we are talking about a 2nd generation processor in a 6 Series board. The latest shipping configurations are 8th generation processors in 12 and 13 Series boards. You are a full 6 years out of date and neither the processor nor the board is being supported any longer by Intel or by Microsoft. Windows 7 is less than two years from being dropped completely by Microsoft (just like Vista and XP before it). Bottom line, I think it's time to stop throwing good money for bad. It's time to upgrade to something much more recent.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
cchen115
Beginner

bonsoir,

merci de votre réponse.

en effet d'une façon raisonnable, il ne vaut pas la peine de dépenser 100 euros pour acheter une carte-mère d'occasion pour essayer.

j'ai juste une question : y a-t-il une grande différence entre la génération 2 et la génération 8 ?

le i7 2600 a toute même une fréquence de 3,4 mhz, proche des actuels processeurs. s'il y a des différences, que seraient elles ?

meilleurs voeux,

charlie

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Where 8th gen gains are most significant is in the performance per watt (3X that of the 2nd generation) and in the performance of the embedded graphics (if indeed you even use the embedded graphics). There are a lot of differences you can make at the system level with 8th gen processors that you cannot with 2nd gen - memory speeds close to double what was possible back then (DDR4 instead of DDR3), support for NVMe SSDs with 7X read and 5X write speeds compared to that of the best SATA SSDs you could use with 2nd gen systems, support for USB 3.0, 3.1, USB-C, etc. and etc.

...S

0 Kudos