Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

INTEL DIAGNOSTIC TOOL FAILING (CPU FREQUENCY)

acamp15
Beginner

INTEL DIAGNOSTIC TOOL FAILING (CPU FREQUENCY)

Hello,

Thank you for reading my post. I have an issue with the way the Intel Processor Tool runs on my PC. Please Note: There are no ISSUES I have with my system. I was bored one day and decided to run it on my system to verify settings. For some strange reason, when the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool runs on my PC it instantly fails at CPUFreq. Here are some of the things I tried to perform with no change in results.

1) Run program as "Admin"

2) Re-Install the program (Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool)

3) Restart my PC.

4) Disable TurboBoost

5) Disable SpeedStep

6) Set Power Management to "Balanced"

7) Power Management (Maximum Processor State 100%)

8) Power Management (Minimum Processor State 5%)

My PC Details are below.

Cpu Intel Core i7 8700k

Memory Corsair DDR4 32Gig 2666Mhz

MotherBorad Asus Z370 Hero (latest BIOS 1602)

Video Card Nvidia Geforce 2080Ti

Power Supply Corsair 1500xi

Storage Corsair SSD

Sound Creative Sound Blaster Z

Operating System Window 10 Pro 64bit (build 1803)

Monitor Asus ROG PG279Q

Nvidia Driver "411.70" (latest)

Special Note: NO OverClock

I've included two attachments, the error log file and actual screenshot of the issue.

Please help me with this issue any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello CampisiA,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

CPU frequency test may fail due to overclocking or power management features. To provide more information about this issue, please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread.

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Also, try loading default BIOS values.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
acamp15
Beginner

Thank you for the reply.

here is my system summary, refer to file attachment.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello CampisiA,

Thank you for your reply.

The report attached does not show any hardware conflict that may be causing the tool to fail the CPU frequency test. Based on the troubleshooting performed, our recommendation is that you contact your motherboard manufacturer to make sure that BIOS parameters are not auto-overclocking your system.

As stated before, this test may fail due to overclocking or power management.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos