Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

IO APIC Reference

mevers
Beginner

I was reading through the Intel Atom Z8000 Datasheet to find more information about the IO APIC. 

The section about the IO APIC, 18.13.2, specifies that you can use the IDX, WDW, and EOI registers to configure the indirect IO APIC registers. However, I can't find any information on the IO APIC registers. I checked both volumes of the datasheet and the System Architecture Guide Vol 3. Where can I find more information on how to program the IO APIC registers?

Google searching leads me to documentation about 82093AA I/O APIC which seems similar but not the same.

The datasheet talks about "Established APIC programming model". I can't find any information on that either, but I'm assuming it refers to some defacto standard similar to the 82093AA I/O APIC.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

mevers, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We will do further research on this matter. As soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello mevers, I just received an update on this matter.

In order to gather the information that you are looking for, please visit, sign in, and submit your inquiry on our Intel® developer zone website. You will find peer-to-peer assistance in there and additional suggestions on this topic:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/my-intel/service-maintenance-notice.html

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos