Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

IPDT Fail - i7-11700 - Prime Number Fail

Neo27374
Novice

Hi all,

I just bought a i7-11700.

I was testing the processor with the Aida64, but the tests failed as soon as it started.
Then I read about the IPDT, I tried it too and it gave a "Prime Number Fail" error.

The hardware is:

Intel i7-11700

Asus Rog Strix B560-F Gaming Wifi (latest BIOS 0820 and all default)

4x F4-3200C16-8GTZR (DDR4-3200 but running on DDR4-2133 for testing)

Corsair H80i V2 as cooler

Corsair HX750 PSU

NEW UPDATE: Memtest PASSED

NEW UPDATE: Disabled HT on BIOS and Disabled 7 cores. Again tryed IPDT and this time "Prime Number" was PASS but "Math" FAIL. Cannot accomplish the IPDT with a single core.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Neo27374
Novice

Dear Alberto,

I want to update (and close) the issue.

Finally I got another i7-11700 and it also failed same way.

Then, I got another motherboard, and finally the new i7-11700 worked. Then I tryed the old i7-11700 and worked also.

So, definetely the mainboard was the problem.

Very difficult to detect, as all the errores that different tools sent were related to memory or CPU... and also the IPDT... but the motherboard is the "main" element and sound logic that it can provoke errores that could be understood as memory or CPU.

Thanks for you support.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Neo27374, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, just to let you know, the purpose of the "Prime Number" test library is to test how fast the CPU can search for Prime numbers, reported as operations per second. Prime number generation will be based on the Sieve of Eratosthenes algorithm. The test program will test for unsigned integer type and within the numbers of 0-2³² for 32 bit platform. Random comparison will be done to make sure the prime number generated is a valid prime number.

The purpose of the "Math/ Floating Point" test is to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, to test how fast the CPU can perform mathematical floating point numbers operations, and do a sum comparison to make sure the floating point is giving the correct sum value at the end of each cycle:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/processors/sb/theintelprocessordiagnostictoolinwindowsuserguider.pdf 

So, the Intel® Core™ i7-11700 Processor should pass both tests with no problems while using the system at stock configurations with the default BIOS settings.

Could you please attach the results of the Intel® PDT test? Select "View" then "View file results" and attach the report.

When did you purchase the Intel® Processor?

Just to confirm, do you have the option to use your Intel® Processor on a different board or use your board with a different Intel® Processor and run the test? This is just to try to identify if the problem is related to the processor itself or the board. The memory RAM being used is fully compatible with the processor.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Neo27374
Novice

I attach the requested results.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Neo27374, Thank you very much for providing the results.

Based on the results of the report, we can confirm that the processor is failing the test, so we will do further research on this matter, for us to be able to do that, could you please confirm:

When did you purchase the Intel® Processor?

Do you have the option to use your Intel® Processor on a different board or use your board with a different Intel® Processor and run the test? 

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Neo27374, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Neo27374
Novice

Dear Alberto,

I want to update (and close) the issue.

Finally I got another i7-11700 and it also failed same way.

Then, I got another motherboard, and finally the new i7-11700 worked. Then I tryed the old i7-11700 and worked also.

So, definetely the mainboard was the problem.

Very difficult to detect, as all the errores that different tools sent were related to memory or CPU... and also the IPDT... but the motherboard is the "main" element and sound logic that it can provoke errores that could be understood as memory or CPU.

Thanks for you support.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Neo27374, You are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing those details.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the problem got fixed by replacing the board and now the system is working properly.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos