Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

ITBM driver not available

ili_a
Beginner

hi

i have an dell inspiron 5567 with intel core i7 7500U cpu

i want to active turbo boost but when i run the app, it says ITBM driver not available exiting the app

i attached the configuration file here

hope to help me

0 Kudos
1 Solution
David_G_Intel

Hello ili_a

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

Intel Turbo Boost Technology is a way to automatically run the processor core faster than the marked frequency. The processor must be working in the power, temperature, and specification limits of the thermal design power (TDP). This results in increased performance of both single and multi-threaded applications. There is no need to install any software or application to support Intel® Turbo Boost Technology.

You can typically enable or disable through a switch in the BIOS. Refer to your laptop manufacturer for BIOS options to enable and disable Intel Turbo Boost Technology.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello ili_a

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

Intel Turbo Boost Technology is a way to automatically run the processor core faster than the marked frequency. The processor must be working in the power, temperature, and specification limits of the thermal design power (TDP). This results in increased performance of both single and multi-threaded applications. There is no need to install any software or application to support Intel® Turbo Boost Technology.

You can typically enable or disable through a switch in the BIOS. Refer to your laptop manufacturer for BIOS options to enable and disable Intel Turbo Boost Technology.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos