Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

IaStore.sys BSOD Windows 11 Setup

BetaV
Beginner

I have a functional i9 (7900) processor system running Windows 10. When I try to upgrade to Windows 11, the setup program fails with the stop code:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL iastoreE.sys

I have ensured that the driver in question is current. Is there a Windows 11 version that I can try? 

The motherboard is an ASUS X299-A. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @BetaV

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to review this further, could you please confirm the following information?

1- What is the exact model of the processor? Do you mean Intel® Core™ i9-7900X X-series Processor?

2- Please provide more details about the steps that you are following to upgrade to Windows* 11? Do you mean you are trying to install Windows* 11 over an existing installation of Windows 10? What is the "setup program" that you are using?

3- When you said: "I have ensured that the driver in question is current". What specific driver do you mean? (graphics driver? SSD driver? Intel® RST? etc?)

4- Exact model of the ASUS* "X299-A" motherboard and BIOS version:

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
BetaV
Beginner

No, I didn’t get an answer. I decided to rebuild the system from scratch. This cost me three days (so far) of work.

I was trying to upgrade an existing Windows 10 system running on an Intel Core i9-7900X on an Asus X299-A running their most current BIOS. After repeated attempts, Windows 11 setup failed to install or use the iastoreE.sys device driver (supplied by Intel). As suggested, I downloaded the driver from the Intel site but this didn’t fix anything. This problem (that ASUS could not solve) cost me over a month of time as I waited for them to research a solution for the problem they were able to reproduce. Their “solution” was to give up on the update and install Windows 11 after having cleared the partitions on the M.2 boot drive.

I have worked with Intel since 1986 to support your efforts to interact with Microsoft. I’m sorely disappointed that this problem could not have been resolved in a more timely manner.

As it is, the system is back up and running.

0 Kudos
mechcalvin
Beginner

for those who encountered this problem, i have found a solution you can try

my spec is 10290X + Asus prime x299 deluxe, i have problem update to win 11 22H2 for quite awhile, each time it gives

- iastore.sys bsod

- 0xc0000225 bootup error

- 0xc1900101 fail

after couple of months, one day i decide to update to the latest bios (which i don't think it is related), then i update the RST driver: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19512/intel-rapid-storage-technology-driver-installation-software-with-intel-optane-memory-10th-and-11th-gen-platforms.html

then wa la! update suscess!

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello BetaV

Thank you for your response.

We understand that you have solved the problem after rebuilding the system from scratch and the system is back up and running. Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on how you fixed the issue, hopefully, this may help other users experiencing similar behavior.

iastoreE.sys is part of Intel® Rapid Storage Technology. We understand that the system has an Intel® Core™ i9-7900X X-series Processor, its Code Name is Skylake which refers to Intel's 6th Generation Processors. It is worth noting that for Intel® Optane memory/Intel® RST products, drivers compatible with Windows® 11 are only available for 8th Generation Processors and newer. For more details, you may refer to this article: Is Intel® Optane™ Memory Supported on the Windows 11* OS?

We will proceed to close this request now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos