Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

IccMax for the Intel Core i9-12900F?

Fede59
Novice

I'm trying to find the Processor Core IccMax of the i9-12900F.

The bios of my Z690 ASRock Taichi motherboard set the PL1, PL2 and IccMax value to their unlimited or max values by default. That is 4096, 4096 and 280 respectively.

If I run a stress test with these default values the CPU temp goes too high (close to 95°). For a non K and non OCed CPU, it is too high. The cooler is a Noctua NH-U12A.

I know that for the i9-12900F PL1 should be 65W and PL2 should be 202W. However, I dont find any documentation with the suggested IccMax value.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello @Fede59

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

Regarding your question, the maximum IccMAX for the Intel® Core™ i9-12900F is 240. As per the information you requested, it seems that you are running at a higher IccMAX, I suggest you lower it and check if the temperatures go down. 

This information can be obtained on the datasheets for the 12 gen processors, specifically on volume 1.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/processors/core/core-technical-resources.html

I hope you find this information useful.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello @Fede59

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

Regarding your question, the maximum IccMAX for the Intel® Core™ i9-12900F is 240. As per the information you requested, it seems that you are running at a higher IccMAX, I suggest you lower it and check if the temperatures go down. 

This information can be obtained on the datasheets for the 12 gen processors, specifically on volume 1.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/processors/core/core-technical-resources.html

I hope you find this information useful.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Fede59
Novice

Thank you. I set PL1 at 65W, PL2 at 202W and IccMax at 240V. I run the stress test with good CPU temps (max 78°).

Obviously the CPU throttle down during the stress test. However, since I dont OC and I dont care about benchmark results, it is good for me.

Anyway, the ASRock Tech Support had no idea why their MB Bios have unlimited values by default.

Again, thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello @Fede59

I am glad to hear that your issue is now solved and everything is working fine. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Jean O.

0 Kudos