Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14399 Discussions

If Hard Fused is true,Does the solution must be replace the new PCH(C627) to reset Hard Fused?

syu17
Beginner

My product uses Skylake-SP and Cascade Lake, and PCH is C627,

I want to enable the Boot Guard function,

but my Hard Fused is true,

so I can't enable the Boot Guard function,

if I want to disable Hard Fused,

Does the solution must be replace the new PCH(C627) to reset Hard Fused?

IMG_8572.jpg

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello, Thank you so much for contacting us about this concern. I was reviewing the information and according to your information you would like to enable the Boot Guard Function. Could you please so kind and provide to me more information about your system; please let me know the Intel Server Board and Intel Processor that you are using on this system. On the other hand, what do you mean with replace the new Intel® C627 Chipset? I will be waiting the outcome in order to proceed with the next step. Regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
syu17
Beginner

HI Emeth:

"what do you mean with replace the new Intel® C627 Chipset?"

Remove the C627 that has been placed on the motherboard,and replace with unused.

I contacted Intel employees in Taiwan,

This problem has been clarify,

thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hi Sam, No problem, I am going to proceed and close thread. If you have any other question do not hesitate and let us know and we will be more than happy to assist you. Regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos