Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

If I move one processor to another mother board will it have the same Identifier? provided I also use the hard drive and memory

EClar3
Beginner

I have a program that use my pc id has part of it's security. The program is no longer available. I can move the program to a computer that has the program installed but not if it has not. If I install the processor. I have on . Will I still have the same PC identifier. Or will the program see it as a different system.

If this is not the right place to ask this question please point me in the right direction

Thank you 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

before moving to another mother board

1. Make sure new board should compatible with existing processor
  2. Make sure existing processor must fit on new board cpu socket
  3. Make sure bios should compatible with processor
  4. Different motherbaord manufcaturer will embedded as different multipliers
  5. make sure All existing hardwares should be compatible
  6. Some motherbaord have limitation of DDR4 or DDR3 with MHz frequency
  7. Some does not have slot for intel optane module , hence no support

keep all these in mind ,while moving to new motherboard

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Software typically wants to use data that uniquely identifies the overall system. The processor identification is typically not used (at least not as a primary identifier) as it is not unique to this system (i.e. other systems have the same processor). Usually, what is used are unique, non-changeable, hardware-level identifiers like the motherboard's serial number, UUID, LAN MAC Address, etc.

Bottom line, I rather doubt that this software will work if you move the processor to another motherboard. Still, it's always worth a try (well, if you can do so without spending any money you wouldn't otherwise).

Sorry,

...S

0 Kudos
EClar3
Beginner

​Is there a way to change them to match the old ones.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No. They are not going to implement their license serialization based upon information that could be spoofed this way.

...S

0 Kudos