Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

If Intel Xeon 10 Core Processor E7-8891v2 3.2ghz 37.5mb Cache 8 Gt/s QPI CPU SR1GW will work on my motherboard to update my processor in my industrial server. I have intel(R) xeon(R) CPU E31220 @ 3.10 GHz 3.10 GHz currently I need something stronger.

JSven10
Beginner

Can I order this processor and install it or will there be an issue with compatibility? The server has not been updated since 2009 that is from when the motherboard is from. I know nothing about computers, I just know that I was told I need a stronger processor, and I have acess to the one listed above, can I just put it in or how do I need to go about this? Normally I would call someone or take it in but with the corona virus going on I am kinda on my own to figure it out. Please help me if you can, thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You need to ask your motherboard manufacturer what processors their bios supports. If this processor is not listed, then, no, it will not work.

Doc

0 Kudos
JSven10
Beginner

Thank you for the reply, I just found from the manufacture that the board used is Intel® Server Board S1200BTL, I having been googling but I havent yet found if it supports the one I want to use, do you know if there is a place where I can find that answer?

0 Kudos
JSven10
Beginner

Thank you again! It was not the answer I was hoping it to be, but I appreciate the help finding it!

0 Kudos