Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Impossible to update or uninstall XTU

Luke791
Beginner

Hello, 

XTU app in the starter just stopped working, so I've tried to update the application (v 7.5.3.3) but an error occurred: "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." the setup app can't find the installation package "Intel_XtuInstaller.msi".

Then if I cancel the installation it return the error 0x80070643

So I tried to uninstall XTU from the windows app, but without success. It results impossible to uninstall.

Thank you in advance, attached there's the log file

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello @Luke791 

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) tool.

Please let's try the following:

1. Follow the instructions outlined in this article to try uninstalling the Intel® XTU.
  2. After uninstalling or if uninstallation fails, try installing or updating to the latest version that recently came out version 7.10.0.65.

If the issue continues to happen, please provide me with the following information:

1. Let me know why the Intel® XTU stop working, prior to trying to uninstall or update it. Were there error messages when trying to open the tool? Or what exactly was the issue at the time?
  2. Provide screenshots of all the error messages you are experiencing.
  3. Provide me with the Intel® System Support Utility Logs following these instructions.

Best Regards,

Hugo O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Luke791
Beginner

Thank you Hugo for your assistance. 

I followed the instructions in the link you provided and I did couple of screenshot of the issue there. I have to say that I'm not so familiar with command prompt so it's likely that I didn't insert the correct line, in case let me know how properly write those lines. 

Just in case I give you further information you asked for:

1. Basically nothing happened, it's been a long time since last time I opened XTU. I only tried to open on the app list from the star button and just nothing happens when I click on it. There were no issue, just wanted to improve the overclocking.

Afterwards I found the file in /Program Files/intel/intel(R) Extreme utility tuning utility/Client/PerfTune.exe , which actually allows to start XTU.

2. screenshot are attached, I included also the screenshot of the update error

3. logs are attached

Thank you very much

Luca

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Luke791

Thank you for providing all that information.

We can try to complete these steps without using the command prompt, please do the following:

1.-Go to the directory C:/Program Files/Intel you should see there are two folders Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility and Telemetry, delete the two folders.

2.-Clear temporary files:

• Open the Windows Menu
  • Type Run and hit Enter
  • On the Run Window type %temp% and hit Enter
  • The temporary files folder will open, delete everything inside the folder.

3.- Try reinstalling the latest version of Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility provided in my previous post.

Best Regards,

Hugo O. 

0 Kudos
Luke791
Beginner

Hello Hugo, 

I tried exactly what you suggested but without results. It behaves exactly like before. 

Screenshots are attached.

Best regards

Luca

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Luke791

Thank you for the information provided.   

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.  

Best regards,  

Hugo O.   

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Luke791

Thank you for your patience. Please let me know the following information:

1.-The build version and if your Operating System is 32 or 64-bit, these are the ones supported by Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, all of them only supported on 64-bit systems.

• Windows 10 20H1
  • Windows 10 20H2
  • Windows 10 21H1
  • Windows 10 21H2
  • Windows 11 21H2
  • Windows 11 22H2 SV2
  • Windows 11 SV2 October Moment Release
  • Windows 11 SV2 February Moment Release

In order to check if your system is 32 or 64-bit, please do the following

• Open Settings.
  • Click on System.
  • Click on About.
  • Check under the “Windows specifications” section and confirm the mentioned above. 

In case you have any issues getting the above information you can also run the Intel® System Support Utility, and attach the corresponding logs to your response.

2.-Also, I understand that you were able to use this tool before. From the last time that you used it, Was there any recent update or change on your Operating System?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Luke791
Beginner

Hello Hugo, 

My system is 64 bit, Windows 10 home, version 21H2. 

Yes I used it one year ago, when i set up my pc. Further than then I didn't needed it .

The only updates in this year were several windows updates and drivers update. Nothing particular. 

Thank you,

best regards

Luca

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Luke791 

Thank you for the information. We will need to continue researching this particular issue that you are experiencing. Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the log file to get more information about your system.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Luke791

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Luke791
Beginner

Hello Hugo, 

Here attached the full log file

Best regards

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Luke791

Thank you for providing us with the information.

We will continue researching this issue and I will post back as soon as I have more information.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Luke791

I appreciate your patience. After reviewing this issue the next best step will be to complete a clean Operating System installation since it seems that some files that belong to Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility got corrupted and the Operating System is not entirely deleting these files or folders.

After the Operating System has been reinstalled you can download the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) and reinstall it.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Luke791

Were you able to check the recommendations provided in our previous post?

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Luke791

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos