Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

Intel 13th gen desktop processors are without vPro?

Jakub7
Novice

Hi there,

We are planning to build a bunch of computers for our company but I've noticed in ARK that none of the 13th gen intel desktop CPUs seem to have vPro anymore. 12th gen ones like 12700 do.

Is this just a problem in the ARK specs or did Intel really drop full vPro across the whole 13th gen desktop range?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jakub7
Novice

For anybody who will find this in the future...

Intel has now updated ARK, and the mentioned i5-13500 is now eligible for "Intel vPro® Enterprise, Intel vPro® Essentials, Intel vPro® Platform". This means that Intel either:

a) found the mistake and fixed it, or,

b) takes time to roll out vPro to existing consumer SKUs as suggested by this superuser answer "When the platform will be officially launched [...] information on any already launched CPUs will be updated [...]".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Jakub7

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  will gladly assist you here. 

Please take in mind that, like many other processor generations, there are processors that support this technology and others that don’t support it. 

You can see here a few examples of 13th gen processors that support Intel vPro. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yes, but they are all Mobile or Embedded.

Just saying,

...S

0 Kudos
abuhar
Beginner

I'm unsure how to reply other than doing this but thank you for the driver for the network card intel abandoned!

0 Kudos
Jakub7
Novice

Thanks @Jocelyn_Intel, but just like @n_scott_pearson said, none of those are Raptor Lake-S (desktop) SKUs.

Is there please anybody at Intel - there must be somebody from sales who knows - that could confirm this?

Thanks,

Jakub

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Jakub7

It is correct, as @n_scott_pearson wrote, there are no 13th gen Desktop processors with Intel vPro Technology for now, what we can offer you are embedded or mobile (third-party mini PCs/systems, laptops, etc.) processors in case you are more interested in its generation, however, if your priority #1 is to have this technology in all of your systems, you may consider the previous generations in the meantime. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jakub7
Novice

Hi, @Jocelyn_Intel,

Thanks for the reply, but I've just received some strong evidence this may not be the case. 

Here is a screenshot from a machine running Q670 and 13600K:

Jakub7_0-1678361850682.png

This definitely looks like an error in the ARK - meaning specification problem only.

Is it in your power to flag this with someone from the ARK team?

Thanks,

Jakub

0 Kudos
Jakub7
Novice

For anybody who will find this in the future...

Intel has now updated ARK, and the mentioned i5-13500 is now eligible for "Intel vPro® Enterprise, Intel vPro® Essentials, Intel vPro® Platform". This means that Intel either:

a) found the mistake and fixed it, or,

b) takes time to roll out vPro to existing consumer SKUs as suggested by this superuser answer "When the platform will be officially launched [...] information on any already launched CPUs will be updated [...]".

0 Kudos