Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14534 Discussions

Intel 990x XTU not working

drivel2787
Beginner
Just curious if anyone has run across this issue? It previously worked but now all of a sudden stopped working. It matches the startup page but then disappears and doesn't load anything. Have tried reformatting the PC, reinstall of Intel XTU, same case... I have also tried older versions of XTU as well with same result. Windows 10 PC. Previous processor was a 920 and it worked fine. After install of the 990x, xtu worked once, then the next day quit working. Not sure what else to try?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello drivel2787,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I was reviewing your post and I understand that you are experiencing some problems with the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU).

After checking the validated products for the XTU, I need to inform you that the Intel® Core™ ix-990X processors are not validated for the software.

You can confirm that by checking the following link. (Bottom of the page)

Additionally, I need to inform you that due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help.  

You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your concern.   

That being said, please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.   

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
drivel2787
Beginner

Understood the weird part is that it worked once and was working on the old 920 CPU that was in the machine.  Replaced 920 with 990x and it worked one time.  Then the next day wouldn't load up.

0 Kudos