Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Intel BXRTS2011LC Liquid-cooled Thermal Solution For the LGA2011 Socket

pammo45
Beginner

Hello!

I have a Sabertooth X79 (LGA2011 socket) which I will replace with an Asus Z490 motherboaard (LGA1200 socket). 

Does anyone know if the same cooler will fit on the new board???

Thanks a lot in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello pammo45,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

After checking the manual and specifications for Intel® Thermal Solution BXRTS2011LC we can determine that the supported sockets for this cooling are:

1.   LGA1155

2.   LGA1156

3.   LGA1366

4.    LGA2011 and LGA2011-v3

In case that you would like to confirm that information you please check the following link.

That being said, I would strongly recommend checking with the motherboard manufacturer for a list of all validated cooling solutions that will work with the motherboard specific model.

I hope this helps.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
pammo45
Beginner

Hello and thanks for responding!

I thought the physical surfaces of the LGA2011 and the LGA1200 were not so unlike, and that the cooler therefore maybe could fit both.

I also have an unused Noctua NH-L9i cooler (fan only) with "Socket compatibility Intel LGA115x" printed on the box. In an updated compatibility list I now find both LGA 2011 and LGA 1200.

I am going to use the i7-10700KF CPU without overclocking so maybe the Noctua cooler will do the job!

The idea of using BXRTS2011LC was that it is mounted on the old Sabertooth X79 mothterboard that I now am going to replace. It is eight years old, so maybe it's not a good idea to use it after all!?

I will also check the motheboard manufacturer's list of validated cooling solutions!

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello pammo45,

Thank you for your response.

I understand, I might be true that some sockets are similar, however, checking with them would be the best thing to do. In that way we are ensuring top performance and compatibility.

I really hope that you are able to find the appropriate cooling solution after checking their compatibility list.

That being said, f you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos