Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Intel CPU Test

MikeS
Beginner

Hello, I want to use the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool from a bootable media, my OS will not boot, so I wanted to check the Intel CPU for problems, does anybody know of a bootable version,

thank you

MikeS

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @MikeS

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this request further and also to understand better your environment, could you please provide more details?

1- What is the exact issue? Are you unable to boot the operating system but can you boot to the BIOS screen without issues?

2- What steps were taken to troubleshoot this issue? 

3- Was the processor purchased less than 30 days ago?

4- Processor full model/SKU:

5- Operating System version:

6- If this is an Intel® boxed Processor for desktops, do you have the chance to check if there is any sign of physical damage on the processor?

7- Make and model of the motherboard(s) used with the processor (If this is a laptop, please provide the laptop manufacturer and the model):

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MikeS
Beginner

hello Andrew,

thank you for your reply. Here are the Infos you requested:

1- What is the exact issue? Are you unable to boot the operating system but can you boot to the BIOS screen without issues?
*I can boot to bios ok, Windows boots into a black screen, cannot repair with windows tools.

2- What steps were taken to troubleshoot this issue?
*Ram and Harddrive diagnostic, everthing passed with no errors.

3- Was the processor purchased less than 30 days ago?
*no the CPU has been installed with the PC a few years ago.

4- Processor full model/SKU:
*Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo E8400 3 Ghz, 2999 MHz, 2 Kernel

5- Operating System version:
*Windows 10 Pro 32bit

6- If this is an Intel® boxed Processor for desktops, do you have the chance to check if there is any sign of physical damage on the processor?
*no the CPU has been installed with the PC a few years ago.

7- Make and model of the motherboard(s) used with the processor (If this is a laptop, please provide the laptop manufacturer and the model):
*FUJITSU SIEMENS D2812-A2

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello MikeS

Thank you for your response.

In regards to this request, we would like to inform you that due to the Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E8400 has been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request.

Note: You might need to search for the proper Product Category and click on its "Show more" link if the product is not visible in the top rows.

We hope that the information you provided could be useful for other peers that would like to provide assistance.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding. 

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MikeS
Beginner

Hello,

my question was actually simple:

I want to use the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool from a bootable media,  does anybody know of a bootable version,

maybe somebody can say yes or no, if yes then please tell me where or tell me that nobody is interested because the CPU is old,

if no that's great too

thank you

MikeS

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

If I were to experiment, I would try WinPE.  You "MIGHT" be able to run IPDT on WinPE.  You MIGHT NOT.  

You can start here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/download-winpe--windows-pe?view=windows-11

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos