Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Intel Core 2 Duo T7600 SL9SD 2.33GHz/4M/667MHz Socket M

Stan_M
Beginner

I have been wanting to buy a Intel Core 2 Duo T7600 SL9SD from China because it's less expensive.  I noticed that Wiki lists it as  P/N: LF80537GF0534M which does not correspond with China's part number. I want to be sure because Intel made this processor for two different sockets that are electrically incompatible. Socket 'M' & Socket 479. And then again, Wiki lists it with a FCBGA6 Socket which makes it even more confusing. 

Can someone please explain this confusing mess?

P/N: LF805375650A585          P/N: LF805375646A313

T7600.jpgT7600.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

The T7600 is available in two packages:

T7600 BGA Socket M

• Spec Code SL9SJ
  • Ordering Code LE80537GF0534M

T7600 PGA Socket M

• Spec Code SL9SD
  • Ordering Code BX80537T7600

and

• Spec Code SL9SD
  • Ordering Code LF80537GF0534M

Just look under "ordering and compliance" at this link:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/27257/intel-core-2-duo-processor-t7600-4m-cache-2-33-ghz-667-mhz-fsb.html

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Stan_M
Beginner

According to Wiki, the prefix LE is for Socket M and the LF is for Socket FCBGA6 (Whatever the hell that is??  Or should it be Socket P??)

So what you are telling me is not to trust China's P/N even though the description is the same? Should I trust the description? Or contact the Seller?

I'm trying to upgrade a Mac Mini for a friend. The T7600 processor seems to be very popular and the price range in the US is too much. Even the ones on eBay are coming from China. I really don't want to put out a lot of money.

Thanks,

Stan M.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I provided you the Intel specs and information.  Any other source you will have to verify yourself.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Stan_M
Beginner
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Stan_M,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website ( intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html ) helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.  

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos