Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 supports OpenCL?

mahzinho93
Beginner

I read that OpenCL can run into Core 2 Duo processors and I tried and figured out the performance is superb compairing without it. I work with financial market and do automatized robots (expert advisors) for my task it's good to have OpenCL. If I install the older version I have here { opencl_runtime_18.1_x64_setup } or a newer one it can crash my CPU or it's safe to use this with my Q9300 2.5 Ghz 6 MB? Yes, it's old, but gold, very powerfull indeed, I am very happy with my Lga 775, for this reason I didn't change yet.

Kit:

Asus P5QL Se { latest Bios }

4 GB DDR2-800 { Corsair XMS2 Xtreme 1.9v x 2 }

Quadro FX 580 { NVIDIA 512 MB GDDR3 }

Patriot Burst 120 GB { SSD Sata III using into Sata II technology }

BD drive.. 

Windows 10 { original one }

I wrote my config. to ensure you can help me 100% about this question. The programm in question is the MetaTrader 5 v2.905 Beta.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello mahzinho93,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.  

-Discontinued Products: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

mahzinho93
Beginner

Thank you Deivid A. for your kindness bud. I tried by myself and yes, it def runs perfectly OpenCL using the 18.1 version. I also tried this before with a Core 2 Duo for desktop { E8500 }. Thank you so much!

0 Kudos