Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Intel® Core™ i5-2430M para Intel Core i7-2640M

PVian2
Beginner

Tenho um LG S430 eo processador dele(Intel® Core™ i5-2430M

) deu problema e queria comprar outro quando vi o processador i7(Intel Core i7-2640M), entao alguem poderia me dizer se tem problema ao trocar? o sockete é o mesmo e a geraçao tambem!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello PVian2,

Thank you for posting on this Intel Community.

Before upgrading a mobile Intel® Processor, Intel recommends contacting the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) due to the following reasons:

1. Only your system manufacturer is familiar with your system specifications and the processors it supports.

2. Lack of BIOS support for your processor can cause the system to not boot or exhibit erratic behavior.

3. Processor upgrade and BIOS update information is specific to the system motherboard and must come from the system manufacturer.

4. Even if your processor and motherboard sockets match, it is critical to make sure that your system BIOS supports the new processor.

5. Replacing a mobile processor can be difficult because the form factor is much smaller compared to a desktop system.

This information was taken from the following source: What to do Before Upgrading Your Mobile Intel® Processor.

If you have any further questions, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Note: Our support is only provided in English. We may not be able to translate screenshots attached to the thread. To better assist you, we use a translation tool embedded on this Intel® Community.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello PVian2,

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello PVian2,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos