Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Intel Core i5 8th generation (8265U) support RAM DDR4 of speed 2666 MHZ ?

SHUBH
Beginner

I purchased a dell laptop from Dell Exclusive Store

In there company say Intel i5 8265u is come with RAM Fsb is 2666 MHz but BIOS of laptop show 2400 MHz and OS is Show 2666 MHz ?

So this Configuration of RAM ( single DDR4 2666 MHz ) is perfect according to processor INTEL i5 8th 8265U ?

Please tell me ?

Dell Company Cheat Customers with this configuration laptop

0 Kudos
15 Replies
AlHill
Super User

The i5-8265u supports DDR4, up to 2400:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/149088/intel-core-i5-8265u-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-90-ghz.html

Any other questions should direct to DELL support.

Doc

0 Kudos
SHUBH
Beginner

But dell Provide Incorrect Configuration :

See All Attachment images of i3 8th gen 8145u and i5 8th gen 8265u

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Well, either the dell information is incorrect, or the intel information is incorrect.

One of the Intel support engineers will have to verify the intel information.

Doc

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello SHUBH@, As mentioned by Al Hill, Intel® Core™ i5-8265U Processors support DDR4-2400, LPDDR3-2133 memory. Now, even though the specified speed of the memory installed on your system is 2666 MHz, it was probably configured to run at 2400 MHz by your computer manufacturer. In other words, your memory may still run at 2666 MHz if configured to do so. For example, you might be able to modify this from BIOS if your system manufacturer allows it. To check your memory configuration, please run these utilities and attach the reports to this thread. 1. Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool 2. Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SHUBH
Beginner

ok Understand , But know dell sale latest series of laptop Like inspiron there are many model in this series dell provide 2666 MHz but its Processor's support only 2400 MHz .

My issues is why dell provide 2666 MHz , In 2666 MHz left Uses less FSB and Cost Efficiency of RAM ?

According Me Dell Is Cheating and Customers made mad

In Dell Specification on Online on laptop show only 2666 MHz there was no tell us there was 2400 MHz That's is Wrong Sir ?

Please Check Attachments Images :

0 Kudos
SHUBH
Beginner

Dell say this processor(i5 8265U) take up to 2666 MHz is it right ?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You have been provided the link to the processor, and you have been provided the information by @WannerG_Intel​ .

Doc

0 Kudos
SHUBH
Beginner

yes, and sorry to disturb you again in this ,

but according to @WannerG_Intel​ there was modification of FSB up to 2666 MHz but in my laptop there was no modification for upgrade this I also contact Dell about this they not support me about this , that's why I m asking here ?

I just confirm if there was no modification in my laptop of modify FSB to use 2666 MHz , after this it will useless in my laptop or not functioning proper ?

0 Kudos
SHUBH
Beginner

please check my ssu reports

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I am no longer participating in this thread.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Shouldn't you be asking Dell about this?

Doc

0 Kudos
SHUBH
Beginner

I Already Asked from Dell , they said This is ok configuration , according to there its no happen when its 2666 MHz or 2400 MHz

I just confirm my issues is valid or not , because I go consumer complain against dell that's why I m asking some details .

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You have been given the details. There is nothing more to gain here.

Doc

0 Kudos
SHUBH
Beginner

I know here I have all information but there no confirmation of RAM FSB is wrong in DELL

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello SHUBH@, Let me clarify that we try to provide as much information as we can about a specific concern by providing different scenarios. However, I never confirmed any modification of the front-side bus (FSB) in your computer. Having said that, we recommend contacting your computer manufacturer to obtain more information about your system configuration since only your system manufacturer is familiar with your system specifications. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos