Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14499 Discussions

Intel Core i5 9400f high use with lightroom

roger_rdf
Beginner

I'm really upset with my Intel Core i5 9400f that I bought in march/21.

I have a water fan, gpu nvidia cuda technology, quadro p620, 32gb memory ram, mb tuf b360m-plus gaming/br and I can't use Lightroom.... when I start to use mask in the photos the cpu is 100% all time, like a stress test and the pc starts freezing.

I have a laptop with intel core duo 2 t6400 and it doesn't go to 100%, it is always around 90-92%. I guess my Intel Core i5 9400f has problem because is not possible lightroom stress the cpu that way...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Update your bios.

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
roger_rdf
Beginner

ok, thanks, done.

0 Kudos
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

The report shows you still missing the latest BIOS, which is 3202

I would try the update as it was suggested by AlHill 

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/TUF-Gaming/TUF-B360M-PLUS-GAMING/HelpDesk_BIOS/

If it doesn't help, may try to reinstall the app...

0 Kudos
roger_rdf
Beginner

hi,

I downloaded the file 3202 and moved it to flash drive, but when I load the bios and try to install there is a message: Selected file is not a proper bios... oh God, I wanna kick this pc...

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Contact asus for help with their bios.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
roger_rdf
Beginner

In conclusion, I finally updated the bios, I installed the windows 11, I updated the lightroom, I updated the Nvidia quadro'drivers, but I still has the same problem.

So, I guess I'll change to AMD or Mac. 

Thank you guys.

0 Kudos
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

If the problem is only with that software, and only with that software, it is difficult to say the issue is with the CPU... I would reseat the CPU, reapply thermal paste and reset the water cooler, and check the PSU cables... if the CPU is overheating, or if it is not getting enough power from the motherboard/PSU, it may throttle and that may cause it to appear to be busy at 100%...

And what about using the heatsink/fan that came with the CPU? maybe there is a problem with your water cooler fan?

I know you have spent time and energy on this issue, but just don't judge a whole brand based on only one single bad experience... If you think there is a problem with the CPU, contact your seller and get a replacement... Don't get me wrong, I'm just saying these things happen and sometimes we're just unlucky... Yes, there are companies/brands that are "bad quality" and others are not, but even the ones that are the best still have a failure rate in their units...

There are a lot of people out there thinking like you are but for other products... let's say, having issues with an HDD/SSD from Seagate, someone else from Western Digital, ADATA... some people might be having issues with a laptop from Lenovo thinking "it is the worst company", someone else might be thinking the same but for Dell... others might be having issues with monitors, someone thinking "his Asus monitor is cr*p" and other thinking "his Samsung monitor is the worst thing in the world"...

I have gone through that and is not pleasant, but this happens from time to time... The last one is: I have several systems at home... most of them are motherboards with Intel chips... and a couple of AMD computers... I have been having a power/sleep issue with an Asus motherboard with an AMD chipset and ryzen 5 3600 CPU and I tried a lot, a lot of things to solve that to no avail... the issue doesn't ruin my user experience or interfere with how I use the computer, is just annoying... the system actually performs very well but just has that strange behavior... anyway... the "funny thing" is that my nephew has almost the same build, I helped him to build it and we used the same Asus motherboard, same AMD CPU, same PSU, same case, same NVMe drive, the stock fan, and the same RAM model... the only differences are that I have 32GB RAM (2 sticks) but he only has 16GB (1 stick), we have different graphics cards, and different monitors, although I don't think my issues are because of the GPU or monitors because I tested 3 different graphics cards and 4 different monitors ... his rig doesn't have the power/sleep issue mine has... so my conclusion is that maybe I just got a motherboard that has an issue with its power/sleep features and I'm just unlucky and part of the failure rate that could happen with every company out there... (but it doesn't worth it for me to go to a replacement just for that little issue as it is not my main computer...)

I'm not saying yours is a little issue, and I know it might not be compared with mine... and probably you use Lightroom for work, I don't know... I'm just saying these things happen and we need to learn from this... I would say try the things I mentioned and if not happy get a replacement which hopefully will work as it should...

All the best!

Megan ♥

0 Kudos