Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Intel Core i7-10710U CPU virtualization disabled but bios option enabled

jcabre04
Beginner

Hi Everyone,

I have a NUC that doesn't seem to support virtualization even though it's been enabled in bios. It has the following details.

• Running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
  • Motherboard NUC 10i7FNB
  • Processor Intel Core i7-10710U
  • BIOS version 0047
  • All other firmware up to date as of Jan 15 2021

I've attached some pictures showing that virtualization has been enabled in the BIOS and in Windows 10, but the Intel Processor Identification Utility tool show that virtualization is disabled.

Has anyone ran into a problem like this or know anything else I should try to enable virtualization?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello jcabre04, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Please be aware that sometimes the Intel® Processor Identification Utility may show the Virtualization Technology as not checked in the tool, but there might be a possibility your processor still supports but is already using virtualization by some software that uses a hypervisor. In that case, you can also use the Task Manager to verify the situation: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005486/processors.html  

Sebastian_M_Intel_0-1611095025045.png

If the task manager still shows virtualization as disabled, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:   

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".    
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".    
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".    
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).   

2. Did this feature use to work before? If yes, did you make any changes before the issue started? 

Regards, 

Sebastian M

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello jcabre04,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello jcabre04,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos