Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

Intel Core i7-11700K Rocket Lake 8-Core 3.6 GHz LGA 1200

johnmac1952
Beginner

Just installed this on a Z590 MB and it runs at 900mhz instead of 3.6 Ghz. is there anything I can do about this? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

So how do we know your attachment isn't a virus?

0 Kudos
MaryT_Intel
Employee

Well hello there!

This is a bit off-topic now but wanted to answer. We do have a real-time virus scanner for file attachments. It checks for viruses in files attached to posts to protect our community from becoming a distribution point for malicious software.

Basically, this service:

• Scans all attachments while they are being uploaded and removes any malicious attachments before getting posted to the community.
  • Keeps the service’s virus definitions up to date.
  • Periodically scans previously uploaded files to catch any malicious files based on latest virus definitions and updates. (Infected files are automatically removed, any references to the file are removed.)

I hope that helps. Thanks,

Mary T.

Support Community Manager

AlHill
Super User

Unlike Windows, which will attempt to open anything, the OP's attachment has a jpg extension and, presumably, the forum software will attempt to open it as such.  If it fails to open, then it was not a jpg.  I opened the OPs attachment, and it is just a jpg.  I saved it, renamed it a zip file, and attached it to this response.  When I tried to save this response, the forum software refused to do so.  

So, the forum software is making some check prior to saving attachments, and refusing to save those that are not what is claimed by the extension.  We can check further with the forum management to verify that the pre-save check also does a virus scan as well, which I believe it may do.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

David_G_Intel

Hello @johnmac1952

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. To look further into this request, please share with us the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

• Download the Intel SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows
  • Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

And the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool results

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,  

David G.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
johnmac1952
Beginner

Returned the Processor to Intel for a replacement. Thanks for you answer and help.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update, we will close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

David G  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos