Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Intel Core i7 11700k is dropping to 0 degrees

Fikifo
Novice

I recently made a new build with Intel processor after using AMD for many years and finally realized my dream to have a good Desktop Intel CPU in my PC , - following build 

Processor - Intel Core i7 11700k
Motherboard - Gigabyte Z590M Gaming X
Cooler - Be quiet pure loop 280mm AIO
RAM - 2x8 GB Kingston Fury 3200 Mhz
PSU - Asus rog 750 W

The problem is that i recenly noticed that the processor minimum core's tepms are dropping to 0 degrees , I've trying using other 3rd party software to confirm if its not a software bug , tryed HWinfo , HWMonitor , i readed all the forums and all the internet about Intel i7-11700k and my processor is brand new 2 months using this biuld since i purchase it 
I used IETU - Intel Extreme Tuning Utility and I got the same temperature drops to 0 degrees 

i found @Josue  commets on another similar topic , i would be very happy to know what is going on with my newly purchased processor and should i worry about this , Is this a normal behavior ? How can i fix that ? thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Fikifo
Novice

So basically you say that i've wasted my time providing all the info you requested and what i gotta do now is to sent this chip back to the shop and request a change or chips ? Is that what i must do , cuz i don't get it , and no I don't understand when i'll get an answer if its safe or i'll just call the shop i bought it and explain them then request a new Processor chip since this one is faulty ? Any suggestion to my question ? cuz all i did was give you all the information and in return i got a closed topic without any relevant answer ??? 

Regards 
Stefan M

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Fikifo
Novice

Oh , forgot to mention the screenshots are taken on all cores , thats why they are 8 , with the mouse pointer at the temp so can see Min , Max and current , its the same whatever software i use for temp detection 
Also there's one more thing to mention , I was using High performance for a month and i don't remember seeing this problem when was on High Performance from Windows power managment , but all cores were running all the time on 4,6 - 4,9 - 5 Ghz , doesn't matter if PC is iddling or under load , after i changed from Power managment from High Performance to Balance - i think this is when i started noticing Core temps dropping down to 0  , cores working from 800 MHZ to 5 GHZ on Balanced (as they should be i think) but i'm worried about the temps of the cores showing 0 degrees for a brief seconds from time to time 
I've tested again with Balance and High performace , same drops doesn't matter which power level i choose 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Fikifo

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information to investigate:

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Fikifo
Novice

This are the results from intel System support utility , 
and about the Intel PDT (Processor diagnostic tool) 
I've ran it already like 5-10 times at default - Full functional test , Got the file now from Intel Diagnostic tool too attached 

File down there attached from SSU Intel report and Intel Processor Diagnostic tool.
I've made as you requested and uploaded the information @David_G_Intel  

Hope that help you to answer my worries ... 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the reports, let me check all of the information and I will get back to you with more details.

Regards, 

David G 

Fikifo
Novice

I'll be waiting since i'm still concerned and worried,  thanks for the time

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thanks for all the information provided, we have confirmed that this is a misreading situation (i.e. actual temp is not 0 C), this is currently under further investigation and we hope to find a solution soon. 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
Fikifo
Novice

So basically you say that i've wasted my time providing all the info you requested and what i gotta do now is to sent this chip back to the shop and request a change or chips ? Is that what i must do , cuz i don't get it , and no I don't understand when i'll get an answer if its safe or i'll just call the shop i bought it and explain them then request a new Processor chip since this one is faulty ? Any suggestion to my question ? cuz all i did was give you all the information and in return i got a closed topic without any relevant answer ??? 

Regards 
Stefan M

0 Kudos