Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

Intel Core i7-6600U @ 2.6GHz

BaguetteDePasteur

Hello would like to know if the Intel Core i7-6600U @ 2.6GHz processor

and compatible with a thermal paste in Galinstan because it is corrosive on aluminum! ?

Bonjour voudrait savoir si le processeur Intel Core i7-6600U @ 2.6GHz

et compatible avec une pâte thermique au Galinstan car elle est corrosive sur de l'aluminium ! ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello BaguetteDePasteur, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to let you know that at Intel®, we do not recommend using any other substance as a thermal paste for the CPUs as this might cause damage or problems to the processor or other components. This is outside Intel® recommended configuration: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000034407/processors/intel-core-processors.html  

As this Intel® Core™ i7-6600U Processor is a mobile CPU, you may want to check with the laptop/mini-PC manufacturer (OEM) for further thermal recommendations.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello BaguetteDePasteur,  

Were you able to check the previous post and follow our recommendations? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
BaguetteDePasteur
I was able to check this article! as the thermal paste from Dell was no longer effective, I had to change it as soon as possible because my Laptop was getting too hot! I changed the dough by taking kryonaut from Gri *** y the processor and at rest at 26 Degrees Celsius since the change of thermal paste and before it was at 50 degrees Celsius! the problem is solved again thank you for your help !!!
0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello BaguetteDePasteur,   

Thank you for the update. 

I am glad to hear that the problem was solved. Based on that, we will proceed to close this inquiry. 

If you have any additional questions, please submit a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,   

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos