Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14505 Discussions

Intel Core i7 (7th Gen) 7700HQ / 2.8 GHz

Ghost-Tales
Beginner

hi.

I've been searching for this processor (Intel Core i7 (7th Gen) 7700HQ / 2.8 GHz) for a while now, without any luck. Is the processor out of stock or not being sold anymore?

I'm also wondering if it is actually compatible with the Lenovo legion y520-15IKBM

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

For compatibility with your lenovo, ask lenovo if it is compatible with their bios.

Now, you are aware that this processor is a BGA processor, and is soldered onto the motherboard.  Chances of the old processor being removed and installing the new processor are slim to none, unless it is on a daughtercard.    Laptops are not meant to be upgraded.   If this is your intent, you will very likely be unsuccessful.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlHill
Super User

For compatibility with your lenovo, ask lenovo if it is compatible with their bios.

Now, you are aware that this processor is a BGA processor, and is soldered onto the motherboard.  Chances of the old processor being removed and installing the new processor are slim to none, unless it is on a daughtercard.    Laptops are not meant to be upgraded.   If this is your intent, you will very likely be unsuccessful.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos