Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Intel Core i9 10980XE - Intel Performance Maximizer, Watchdog Timer Driver (Intel WDT)

maksvalmont
Beginner

Hello, can anyone help me?

I installed Intel Performance Maximizer but cant access to use cuz i get message:

Intel® Performance Maximizer cannot test this system because the current BIOS does not support Intel® Watchdog Timer Driver (Intel® WDT).

I updated all drivers.

Motherboard: ASROCK X299 TAICHI CLX

Processor: Intel Core i9 10980XE

Look on screens and you will see i have all required drivers

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello maksvalmont,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I understand that you are unable to access the Intel® Performance Maximizer tool.

To better assist you I would appreciate if you could provide the following information:

• Is this the first time that you are using this utility? Or was the it working fine before?
  • Please provided the link where you download the software.
  • Please provide more details about the updates made

To gather more information about your system please run the following tool and attach the reports generated.   

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) Download link 

1. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. 

2. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   

3. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   

4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
maksvalmont
Beginner

My first time install

Download Link:

downloadcenter.intel.com/ru/download/29436/Intel-Performance-Maximizer-Intel-Core-X?product=188727

Windows 10 x64 (20H2)

0 Kudos
maksvalmont
Beginner

Can you hide my SSU.txt from another community users?

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello maksvalmont,

Thank you so much for your response.

I would like to inform you that the SSU report was removed from the thread so the information is available only to us.

After reviewing the information on our side and checking the error message, I need to inform you that this behavior (as the error message states) is directlly related to BIOS configuration.

There are some BIOS Setup Requirements for this utility and the Intel Watchdog Timer Driver must be enabled in BIOS. This and other BIOS requirements can be found in point 3.2.4 of the user guide.

The possible cause for this error message is that necessary overclocking hardware resources are not accessible by Intel Performance Maximizer.

Our recommendations would be to contact your motherboard manufacturer about this or check for an updated BIOS. (Please check p.25 of the user guide)

I hope this helps to answer your concern.

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
maksvalmont
Beginner

Before registration here, i read alot of much posts about this driver, i have seen already about requirements 3.2.4.

Processor Core Overclocking must be enabledAll Processor cores must be enabledIntel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology), if supported on the processor,must be enabledIntel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0mode must be enabled Boot mode must be UEFIEnhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technologymust be enabledIntel® Watchdog Timer Driver (Intel® WDT) must be enabled

It's easy to turn it on

All enabled in bios, then i reinstall driver, then i register here and created post.

Eh thnx i understand you cant help me (

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello maksvalmont,

Thank you for your response.

I hope that you are able to resolve this matter after reviewing with your motherboard manufacturer.

Please consider that sometimes, this feature may be locked by them so I would strongly recommend contacting your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for the latest BIOS update and reviewing the driver functionality.

As you require direct assistance from them, I will proceed with the closure of your inquiry.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos