Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14516 Discussions

Intel® Core™ i9-11900K Can i turn on vpro if i chose Intel® Management Engine off?

Grzegorz710
Beginner

Hi 

I have dell precision t3650. with Intel® Core™ i9-11900K,  In system managment i've chose Technology Intel® Management Engine off.

Can I turn on Vpro in this case? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, you cannot. A significant portion of the vPro functionality is hosted by the ME and vPro simply does not work without the ME running. vPro can be enabled only when a vPro-compatible processor is combined with a vPro-capable chipset and, in this context, vPro-capable chipset means one with the vPro components running on the ME.

Let me just add, AFAIAC you should *never* turn the ME off. In addition to things like vPro support, other capabilities - like DRM support - are also running on the ME.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, you cannot. A significant portion of the vPro functionality is hosted by the ME and vPro simply does not work without the ME running. vPro can be enabled only when a vPro-compatible processor is combined with a vPro-capable chipset and, in this context, vPro-capable chipset means one with the vPro components running on the ME.

Let me just add, AFAIAC you should *never* turn the ME off. In addition to things like vPro support, other capabilities - like DRM support - are also running on the ME.

...S

0 Kudos