Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Intel Core it-6500 Underperforming

Chrix
Beginner

Hello everyone. I have been trying to get back into gaming recently, but have been having problems with my CPU. When I run a benchmark test (userbenchmark . com), I've gotten really low grades for my CPU but I can't figure out why. All of my drivers are up to date and my BIOS is up to date as well. I have also performed a fresh install of windows, but nothing has really helped.

I did the Intel Processor Diagnostic test and it passed.

I'll attach screenshots of my computer's specs and the benchmark test. Thank you for your help.

(Text version of my computer's specs):

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 6500 @ 3.20GHz 27 °C
Skylake 14nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
MSI Z170A GAMING M5 (MS-7977) (U3E1) 34 °C
Graphics
GN246HL (1920x1080@59Hz)
8176MB ATI AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (Gigabyte)
Storage
931GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB (SATA (SSD)) 28 °C
232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SATA (SSD)) 24 °C
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
AMD High Definition Audio Device

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Chrix

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please provide the following details?

1- Besides the result of the third-party benchmark test, what other issues do you have with the processor? Are you having issues while playing games? Please provide details including the games experiencing issues:

2- We noticed that you have a discrete video card (ATI AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT). Usually, the games are supposed to be run with the discrete card, or are you running the games using the Integrated Intel® Graphics Processor?

3- In case of experiencing an issue while playing games, please provide a screenshot from Windows® Task Manager showing the utilization of CPU and GPU on the Performance tab.

4- Also, please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

4.1- Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

4.2- Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

4.3- To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Note: To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" dialog below the edit box.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Chrix

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Chrix

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos