Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

Intel Driver Support Assistant doesn't install properly even if i uninstalled before with DSAU.exe

Thalmi
Novice

I'm working with a HP ProBook 450G.... Since the last Update of Intel Driver Support Assistant, this program does not recognize my HP ProBook 450G... and it doesn't scan and work. Message: Scanning Error and red when i want to scan.

I several tried to uninstall this program / software properly with the Driver Support Assistant Uninstaller, but after restart of my laptop, it doesn't install this progam / software properly too. The same error when i try to scan. And i downloaded the latest version of this DSAUninstaller from the Intel Homepage and I installed the latest version of Intel Driver Support Assistant.

I have found out, what is the problem, but i can't solve it because I don't find out, what caused this problem.

The problem is, that during the installing, it doesnt' write two files or folders in the registry editor in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Software Intel the folders Driver Support Assistant and Settings are missing, when I install Intel Driver Support Assistant latest version on this Laptop HP ProBook 450G....

I have the same error with an older version of this Intel Driver and Support Assistant.

A System restore couldn't solve the Problem too. I'm totally desperate.

I think, that I need an older Driver Support Uninstaller for an older version, but I can't find it on the Intel Homepage. The Uninstaller is only for the latest version of this program.

The enclosed photos are from my second Laptop, a Lenovo Yoga 510 convertible, where the folders Intel Driver Support Assistant and Settings are in the registry editor and the program works.

Can someone help my to solve this problem?

Driver and Support Assistant Registry Lenovo LaptopDriver and Support Assistant Registry Lenovo LaptopSettings in the Registry Lenovo LaptopSettings in the Registry Lenovo LaptopFolder Driver and Support Assistant missing in the Registry Lenovo LaptopFolder Driver and Support Assistant missing in the Registry Lenovo LaptopInstalled programs on my Windows 10 HP ProBook 1Installed programs on my Windows 10 HP ProBook 1Installed programs on my Windows 10 HP ProBook 2Installed programs on my Windows 10 HP ProBook 2

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Thalmi
Novice

The problem is solved. I had to go into the library C: ProgramData Intel DSA. Then I deleated all files in the folder Data and logs (Local and Service), see attachementIntel DSA.png. Then i run the Intel DSAUninstaller again and after that I made a reboot of my windows 10. Then I reinstalled the Intel Driver Support Assistant and know it runs!

I'm so happy!!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I recommend that you,

1. Download and run the Intel DSA Uninstaller.
  2. Reboot your system.
  3. Install Intel DSA again.

This has helped with other DSA issues and hopefully will handle yours as well,

...S

0 Kudos
Thalmi
Novice

I have tried this more than 50 times with reboot the system after uninstalling with DSAU.exe. And after that, I reinstalled it. Unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem. Always I get the message that it has completly uninstalled and successfully installed, but it hasn't completly uninstalled and installed after rebooting the system because in the Windows 10 regisgtry editor the Intel Driver Support Assistant and the Settings are still missing in the Folder HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE in the Folder Intel an I know another person with the same HP ProBook 450G.. device with the same problem. It's only this HP device, where the Intel driver support assistant ins't working.

I think it's Intel ore HP who blocks somthing during the installing proccess!!! And this problem I can't solve!!!Intel Driver Support Assistant isn't working.pngIntel Driver Support Assistant missing in the registgry ediitor after instlling.png

The problem is, that the suggested DSAUninstaller is only for the latest Version 23.2.17.8 and Intel must have changed somtehting in this program, that it doesn't uninstall completly!!!

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Thalmi.

Good day,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forum.

I will move your thread to the dedicated section for Intel Driver and Support Assistant so it can be reviewed by the appropriate team as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Thalmi
Novice

Installer Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-Files

0 Kudos
Thalmi
Novice

Installer Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-FilesInstaller Log-Files

0 Kudos
Thalmi
Novice

I have sent the most of my installer Log-Files of the incomplete installation of Intel Driver Support Assistant on may HP PRoBook 450G....

I Hope, someone can see what is the issue for my problem.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Thalmi,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA).

Before I proceed to investigate this behavior, I would like to confirm the following:

1. Ensure both the Intel® DSA Service and Intel® DSA Updater service show the status of Running.

• In Windows* Search, type Services, and scroll to find Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.
  • Confirm the Status shows Running; if it isn't running, then start the service if necessary by right-clicking and choosing Start.
  • If the Status shows Running, restart both services by right-clicking and choosing Restart.

2. Try disabling your Ad Blocking extensions and privacy-related extension on the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) webpage.

3. Try rescanning Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA), ensuring the browser being used is Firefox, Chrome, or Edge Legacy.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Thalmi
Novice

Adblocker and private related extensions are disabled on the Intel Driver Support Assistant Webpage.

The problem is, that the Intel Driver Support Assistant Update Service isn't running in Windows Services and i have done what you write in point  1. The Intel DSA Update Service is running after restart temporarliy but I still can't scan. The same problem as before see the attached picture.

And if I restart my Laptop (Windows 10 Professional), Intel DSA Update Service isn't running again not anymore, see attached picture.

I don't know, what I can do now.Intel DSA Updater doesn't run.pngIntel DSA Updater  is runnig after starting manually until I rebboot Windows 10 than it stopped running.pngIntel DSA Updater doesn't run.png

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Thalmi, 

Thanks for the confirmation. In order to investigate this issue, I will need the following:

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Provide new logs from the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA):

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Thalmi
Novice

The problem is solved. I had to go into the library C: ProgramData Intel DSA. Then I deleated all files in the folder Data and logs (Local and Service), see attachementIntel DSA.png. Then i run the Intel DSAUninstaller again and after that I made a reboot of my windows 10. Then I reinstalled the Intel Driver Support Assistant and know it runs!

I'm so happy!!!

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Thalmi, 

Thanks for the confirmation. I am glad to know that the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) is working properly now after reinstalling the tool and deleting all files in the folder Data and Logs.

I will proceed to close this thread. However, you can open a new one in case you need further support or if you face any issues with our products.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos