Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14512 Discussions

Intel Driver Update Utility Issues for CPU Drivers

SHega1
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I have recently installed an Intel i7-7700K Cpu into my computer. I have been having a number of issues ever since while playing games in which my mouse clicks will not be detected occasionally for between 1-5 seconds at a time. I am trying to update my CPU drivers to check this isn't the issue however I am having trouble with the Intel Driver Update Utility.

When I search for drivers it tells me there is nothing detected, there is no reference to whatever drivers are currently installed or to what CPU I have installed so I am not sure whether or not it is actually detecting my CPU. I have also tried searching direct through the website and downloading the drivers manually, however when I try this, half way through the download a error message pops up telling me that my PC does not meet the requirements for the download even though I am fairly sure that it does.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix these issues?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

The IDUU is intended for Intel boards.

What motherboard or system do you have?

What is your processor model number?

What condition exists that requires updated drivers?

Doc

0 Kudos
SHega1
Beginner

My motherboard is a MSI Z270-A Pro,

The Processor is an i7-7700K,

As mentioned in my original post, I am having issues with mouse clicks not being detected occasionally for a few seconds at a time. I have ruled out a hardware issue with the mouse through trying with 3 different mouses which work perfectly otherwise. I have also ruled out a USB port issue by trying on multiple ports. I therefore think the problem is with either the new CPU I have installed or the new Motherboard I installed at the same time. I am trying to update drivers on both to see if that helps my problem.

Please let me know if you need any more info,

Steve

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

As I said, the IDUU is intended for Intel boards.

You can find all the drivers you need here https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z270-A-PRO.html# down-driver Support For Z270-A PRO | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global

Doc

0 Kudos